Latest date to send primary AMCAS app to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zinthafan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just have a question about sending my primary application. I was verified June 10th but I'm thinking about adding a few more schools potentially to my AMCAS. If I send my AMCAS to a few schools in the next few days (so before July 5th ideally) would it look bad that I was sending it to them so much later? I would ideally submit my secondary to those schools within a few days of receiving it too.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll still be really early at those schools. Don't worry about it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what about if we submit our primary july 25th or so, having been verified in june?

Weren't you one of the first applicants to post that you'd submitted and been verified?

Yup. But I won't receive scores until late July so don't want to waste money on schools if MCAT score isn't within target :/ Submitted primary on first day though to a couple of schools I knew I would apply to regardless.

Yup. But I won't receive scores until late July so don't want to waste money on schools if MCAT score isn't within target :/ Submitted primary on first day though to a couple of schools I knew I would apply to regardless.
I agree with gyngyn that you will be fine if your entire primary application is received by schools on July 25.

Reactions: 1 user
You're totally fine.
<<<------ some people submit Aug 8th, get verified Sept 30th, and still get 5 IIs.

That seems far too late in the cycle even by SDN standards.

Yes, I regret submitting lateish like that and I don't recommend it. However, its not a complete death sentence and OP is fine. OP should feel really good even adding additional schools in August.