Latin Pronunciation Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
need a good link to the above. will be grateful for help, been trying to no avail.

Members don't see this ad.

need a good link to the above. will be grateful for help, been trying to no avail.

i know medical terminology is based on latin, and I have taken latin, but from my experience, latin itself is an ancient language. There are no words for computer, CD player, automobile, you get the idea. That being said, its not spoken, unless you go to church, and even then its not spoken much. In other words its not very applicable to everyday life, I guess thats why you are having trouble. Why not pick a medical terminology book instead. I am sure theres a site that speaks the words out for you somewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
i've got books, all i need is to listen to the correct pronunciation of words.

i've got books, all i need is to listen to the correct pronunciation of words.

That's going to be a tough task. No one actually knows what the true pronunciation is because it's a dead language. The closest you can get to the "correct" pronunciations is probably going to be from a priest.

This is why you can get ten different variations from ten different professors. There is no universally accepted answer.