"leaked" oral board results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorFred

intensive carer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i remember hearing a rumor from a few years ago that ABEM tips their hand re: your oral board results on abem.org, under "Date Current Certification Expires" in your profile, up to several weeks before the results go out. can anyone confirm? what was the time frame?

p.s. hi alex!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know. I took the concert this September. Under "certification expires" section it say 2014 still, but under "Requirement: Pass Concert exam" it says, "Met: 9/12/2014."

Does that mean I passed?

I can confirm Doc Fred's rumor from when I got BC'd, but I can't recall the timeline. Bird - that sounds like you passed. I expect the discrepancy is just ABEM not having put it together with all your other MOC stuff yet. Congrats! Now you can go on practicing something else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, when I took the OB's, my status was updated before I got the letter. I don't remember how long before though.

I can confirm Doc Fred's rumor from when I got BC'd, but I can't recall the timeline. Bird - that sounds like you passed. I expect the discrepancy is just ABEM not having put it together with all your other MOC stuff yet. Congrats! Now you can go on practicing something else!
I practice Emergency Medicine. Sort of. Lol. A subspecialty of it, anyways. I hope you're right, that I passed.

i remember hearing a rumor from a few years ago that ABEM tips their hand re: your oral board results on abem.org, under "Date Current Certification Expires" in your profile, up to several weeks before the results go out. can anyone confirm? what was the time frame?

p.s. hi alex!

Extrapolating from the Spring test and previous year threads.. Official responses typically mailed out by week 5 (estimate Oct 28th). Status online likely to change online prior to that date. Essentially any time between today and the 28th. I'm guessing by the end of the week.

So did it say 12/31/2024 before we took the exam? Are you sure we passed if it says 12/31/2024? I never looked there before so I'm not sure if this was there before I took the exam.

PEER XIV for recert.. Can't wait! Finally. BC.

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like I will be receiving a SLOE that will hurt my application. Are there any ways around covering this up (ie - not assigning this letter to residency programs?) There won't be any red flags on it but it will definitely be the weakest part of my application.

Received my USMLE Step 2 CK score today. Should I send out emails to residency programs to notify them about this update to my ERAS application?

Thanks

So did it say 12/31/2024 before we took the exam? Are you sure we passed if it says 12/31/2024? I never looked there before so I'm not sure if this was there before I took the exam.

There is a disconnect here.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just helping a friend because she doesn't have a username. Didn't think it was a big deal.

I posted under the Anesthesia forum for a friend as well. Just so you don't waste your time on that too.

Passed Concert: Actual score online, now.

WhooHoo!

Rocked it b-----s!

(Phew)

So yes, CEME course (with Med Challenger) worked. "Can I get an endorsement deal Rick?"

For those who passed the concert, did your expiration date change? Mine still says expired 2015.

So, for those of us who are BC as of this year... do we have to take the LLSA, PI, CP before 12/31/14 (for the CMS reimbursement)? I'm showing under the PQRS MOC that "required timeframe" for the 2014 exams has a required timeline end date on 12/31/14. So, I guess we need to take and complete these before the end of the year?

For those who passed the concert, did your expiration date change? Mine still says expired 2015.
Mine still says 2014, but on the score page it shows my actual score and "passed" next to it. I'm sure it'll flip over to 2024 soon. It says "met" under everything else.

Passed:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So, for those of us who are BC as of this year... do we have to take the LLSA, PI, CP before 12/31/14 (for the CMS reimbursement)? I'm showing under the PQRS MOC that "required timeframe" for the 2014 exams has a required timeline end date on 12/31/14. So, I guess we need to take and complete these before the end of the year?

i don't believe so. but confirm.