Learning about financial and business terms/concepts in dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mynameisno

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any resources on learning basic dental business/finance terminology (eg. adjusted cash flow, overhead) and concepts?

I am a dental student and would just like to learn the basics so I can understand and follow along when dentists talk about the business aspect of their clinics. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not even sure exactly what adjusted cash flow is. The vast majority of us had to just learn along the way. I read Dentaltown a lot when I first got out. The dentist who founded Dentaltown, Howard Farran, has a book called "Uncomplicate Business" and it talks about some of the things you are asking.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not even sure exactly what adjusted cash flow is. The vast majority of us had to just learn along the way. I read Dentaltown a lot when I first got out. The dentist who founded Dentaltown, Howard Farran, has a book called "Uncomplicate Business" and it talks about some of the things you are asking.
Thanks so much for this suggestion!