LECOM Post-Bacc 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My financial aid tab says that too. I submitted on 2/26, was complete on 3/11, and a decision was made 3/12. Still waiting for the letter!

Members don't see this ad.

B3lupwns see my post above. It was a quick turnaround. I still haven't received my letter yet though. One question for you tho, if u hit the financial aid tab in your portal what comes up?

It shows instructions on how to get financial aid.

I should add that the admissions committee has reached a decision on my app today and that I should be getting an official response in the mail within 30 days.

Man I hope I get in. How long does it actually take to receive this letter? I live in Southern California, so it may take a while...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone - I just submitted my application, and I can't find anything on the LECOM admissions/application website anywhere about sending an official MCAT score report. Anyone have experience with this? I'm curious as to whether people submitted score reports by snail mail or whether they somehow uploaded them to the LECOM online app.

edit: I just emailed the admissions department, and they just told me to attach whatever supporting documentation I wanted to in a reply.

Last edited:
Hi everyone - I just submitted my application, and I can't find anything on the LECOM admissions/application website anywhere about sending an official MCAT score report. Anyone have experience with this? I'm curious as to whether people submitted score reports by snail mail or whether they somehow uploaded them to the LECOM online app.

What I did was send an official MCAT print out, my CV and a 1 page personal statement to their admissions office in a manilla folder via snail mail. I also had my letters of rec (from Interfolio) and my transcripts sent to them the same way. It arrived in their office within a week. However, if you've recently submitted an AACOMAS application to their medical school, I'm sure they can just pull up your MCAT score.

FYI.. I submitted my application a few weeks ago and they said my decision will be in the mail this week or next. So it's only a few weeks for a turn around.

I just received my letter today and I am happy to announce that I am accepted!! Will definitely be attending in the fall!

B3lupwyns, I live in AZ and it took about 6 business days to receive the letter :)

Accepted. Gonna wait it out to see if I am going though.

Was accepted into the program last week! From hopefully former students of the post-bacc, I have a question that hopefully you can answer. I am going into the program with a MCAT score of 25 and gpa 3.40 (hopefully higher at the end of this final semester). Would you say it would be beneficial to retake the MCAT to get a better score to be more competitive in the interview/ other schools if I don't end up wanting to go to LECOM? Or should I be okay with that score and doing well in the post-bacc program? Thank you!

I PM'ed you

please if you could PM me as well I would really appreciate it....

I am a senior, with a 3.0 sgpa and i have done lots of extra curricular stuff...

will be waiting for your reply eagerly.. thank you for your time!

Hello all, I am currently entered into the 2014-2015 class and I was thinking about taking a trip up there this Thursday, just to get a feel for the place and look for apartments/townhouses. I was wondering if there was anyone currently attending LECOM that could give like a mini tour of campus and give some suggestions for living arrangements. Best and worst spots sort of deal. Let me know either through reply or PM.

Hey guys,

I just got the "decision has been made on application, wait 30 days for a letter" notification this week. Hopefully, it'll be good news. I live in Florida and was wondering what the turnaround time is from this notification, as in how long did it take you all to receive your letters?

Hey guys,

I just got the "decision has been made on application, wait 30 days for a letter" notification this week. Hopefully, it'll be good news. I live in Florida and was wondering what the turnaround time is from this notification, as in how long did it take you all to receive your letters?
Four business days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Applied to this program a few months ago, apps won't be looked at until the beginning of the year (2015). I was rejected by LMUCOM's one year masters program. I was however accepted to Mississippi College's special masters program. I think it will be a good program because most of their classes are 4 credit hours or more; they will definitely allow me to prove myself.

For those of you who are curious, students who will be using the new MCAT for the guaranteed admissions into LECOM, your score must be at least in the 40th percentile overall. If you will be using the current MCAT, a 23 is required. Info from Mr. Murphy. If I get rejected I'm just going to go to the MC program.

Good luck to everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out.