Legitimate, Free, SDN matriculant data spreadsheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks to anyone who is contributing. I've done a few schools, but would like to remind people to make sure they enter the data correctly. Saw a 100% in state for schools that I know accept out of state students, so just make sure you record the information correctly, no data is better than false data.

Members don't see this ad.

I would love to hear a legal argument for the data being protected that isn't specifically refuted by current case law.

You aren't going to get that here....not because it doesn't possibly exist, but because nobody here is practicing law and cares enough to spend the time to figure it out. Also, the argument about being away from your pre med office doesn't hold much weight when the MSAR is readily available at your local library.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Added to the Albany Medical College line as best I could with limited time. This is so nice - I've been doing the exact same thing in a personal spreadsheet for some schools I thought might interest me (strictly as a motivator, given how far off I am from applying) I'll add more when I have more time!

Is it okay to use data from public pages on sites like Princeton Review and Eduers?

And thank god i have the LizzyM spreadsheet on a flashdrive. I'll email it to whoever wants it. ---> It did wonders for me and saved me the money i'd spend on the MSAR

Email me at [email protected] -> Enough inboxes : )

Last edited:
So I was checking out the spreadsheet just to see what kind of progress was being made, and you can actually watch other users select cells and type data into them. When I saw this, I was thoroughly entertained.

Same here, I didn't even notice until you pointed out.

Btw, who knows what academic index (AI) is?

Also, I see you on that Stony Brook cell paul...

:ninja:

Ruh-oh. Why is no one else logged in to their Google Accounts?!

Same here, I didn't even notice until you pointed out.

Btw, who knows what academic index (AI) is?

Academic Index (AI) = cGPA + sGPA + MCAT/3. I found it used on some older threads while looking for the old spreadsheet.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I've also been working on a spreadsheet of course requirements from major med schools. PM me if interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aaaaaaand, someone is relentlessly adding "penis" everywhere. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm going to set it to private and let people with Google Accounts edit it. PM me your Google usernames if you want to contribute.

Added you already, NickNaylor.

Aaaaaaand, someone is relentlessly adding "penis" everywhere. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm going to set it to private and let people with Google Accounts edit it. PM me your Google usernames if you want to contribute.

Successful_troll2.jpg

I'm actually surprised that so much data was added before the trolls reached it.

Impressive, I sent a request for data sheet. I'll add what I can.

Last edited:

Paul, does google doc let you set the privacy settings so everybody can see the file but not edit it? I think it'll be convenient for everybody to at least be able to see the file without having to log in.

For those that want to contribute, the schools that are missing data (either GPA or total MCAT data) have the LizzyM/Academic Index fields highlighted in red. Those are the ones that need to be "worked on;" while having a MCAT score breakdown might be helpful, it would be good to at least have that basic data on every school first.

Ruh-oh. Why is no one else logged in to their Google Accounts?!

Except for the founder Google hides the usernames of all the people on there when the document is open to the public. Which it isn't anymore I guess so that doesn't matter. I sent you a PM since I want to keep helping.

The spreadsheet (http://is.gd/sdn_med_matriculant_data) is now publicly viewable.
If anyone wants to use the "Chances" feature (which predicts how well you'll do at a school based on your "LizzyM Score") download your own copy of the spreadsheet and enter your stats.

To prevent people from screwing up the spreadsheet, only those who are manually added can edit it.

The spreadsheet (http://is.gd/sdn_med_matriculant_data) is now publicly viewable.
If anyone wants to use the "Chances" feature (which predicts how well you'll do at a school based on your "LizzyM Score") download your own copy of the spreadsheet and enter your stats.

To prevent people from screwing up the spreadsheet, only those who are manually added can edit it.

When you guys first started I thought:

"Man, I'm going to to open this and all the cells will say 'dick' "

but then I opened it and was pleasantly surprised!

then I came back and was sad :(

Ok. Every school that has published data (i.e. not a brand new school) now has, at very least, an average MCAT and GPA listed. Let the quality control begin.

While I somewhat agree that we shouldn't use that approach, let's not pretend that users will have their IP addresses looked up and used to prosecute them. This has close to no precedent in any instance not involving mass p2p sharing of songs, games, and videos.
the aamc has specifically come after sdn users in the past, in regard to posting mcat information. i remember a thread not too long ago by a guy who got his score canceled, among other trouble, for posting what the aamc deemed to be overly specific info about his mcat.
Quoted for posterity.
this guy does it right.

Do you think it makes that much of a difference? Obv. Median is better for this kind of data as it is more robust...and MSAR provides Median but for accepted not matriculated (thus inflating it) whereas mean of matriculated seems a little on the lower end...sorry if I'm grasping at straws here.

You guys are doing an excellent job with this. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Do you think it makes that much of a difference? Obv. Median is better for this kind of data as it is more robust...and MSAR provides Median but for accepted not matriculated (thus inflating it) whereas mean of matriculated seems a little on the lower end...sorry if I'm grasping at straws here.

I agree with RogueUnicorn, median would be ideal (though I doubt that it makes a tremendous difference with sample sizes of ~100). Unfortunately, I've found that most schools tend to list mean values (or simply don't disclose which method they've employed).

Ugh, I think the Excel spreadsheet is broken! It is giving me "hopeful" for most of the schools! :cry:

I guess it's back to the Low GPA Party :horns:

I feel really bad for wasting cash on this msar...:scared:

But...hey. Im not trippin'..

But where are the LizzyM scores?

The MSAR is definitely not a wasted investment. Unfortunately, this spreadsheet just gives you only an approximate idea of things because a lot of data isn't available publicly. Use the spreadsheet to find a range of schools that might fit your stats and then refer to MSAR and US News Medical Compass for more detailed info on the schools.

Aren't you applying in 3 or 4 years? You do realize that the median GPA will have gone up by 0.05 and the Median MCAT by 1 point by then...right? :laugh:

Aren't you applying in 3 or 4 years? You do realize that the median GPA will have gone up by 0.05 and the Median MCAT by 1 point by then...right? :laugh:

Hopefully not. But, if I do well that's not something to stress over. I am looking at the mcat right now, but the passages are sooo dense.I got a hold of the gold standard dvd set and I am planning to suppliment with my pre-reqs for the meantime.

The MSAR is definitely not a wasted investment. Unfortunately, this spreadsheet just gives you only an approximate idea of things because a lot of data isn't available publicly. Use the spreadsheet to find a range of schools that might fit your stats and then refer to MSAR and US News Medical Compass for more detailed info on the schools.

I absolutely agree. This spreadsheet is by no means a comparable substitute for the MSAR or US News. It is simply supposed to give us a ballpark figure for an average matriculant at each school (I might say +- 0.1 for GPAs and +- 1 for MCAT at this point).

Other important factors that come into play when selecting schools (which the spreadsheet lacks) are tuition, school mission / general residency placement distributions, NIH funding, urban/rural setting, etc.

I'm impressed y'all. Way to recreate this whole thing with public data. Very nice.

Just FYI, a couple of the DO are showing "Low MCAT" when a 30+ is entered and their average is 26-28.

Last edited:
I had been slowly compiling my own list over the past month or so. Guess this renders that moot :rolleyes:

Nice work all!

Ugh, I think the Excel spreadsheet is broken! It is giving me "hopeful" for most of the schools! :cry:

I guess it's back to the Low GPA Party :horns:

I don't know what your stats are, but the LizzyM formula falls apart for the extremes. I had a low GPA/high MCAT and the spreadsheet said everything was at least a "hopeful" for me. That doesn't mean the spreadsheet is necessarily broken, but rather the prediction method has reached its limit of usefulness. Perhaps the best prediction method for people like us is to use MD Apps and search for applicants with similar numbers. That will prove much more useful than a simple formula.

This thread should be made into a sticky

I had been slowly compiling my own list over the past month or so. Guess this renders that moot :rolleyes:

Nice work all!

I've made my own spreadsheet with some calculations that I find more helpful. It includes % of class OOS, % of OOS who receive interview out of # of applicants, # of OOS who matriculate out of # interviewed.

That way, should I receive any interviews, I can roughly know my odds to be accepted from that interview (not counting a stellar or facepalm interview).

I've made my own spreadsheet with some calculations that I find more helpful. It includes % of class OOS, % of OOS who receive interview out of # of applicants, # of OOS who matriculate out of # interviewed.

That way, should I receive any interviews, I can roughly know my odds to be accepted from that interview (not counting a stellar or facepalm interview).

That's easily calculated from the numbers included in the sheet...