About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Letter from Dr. Berezniak at LECOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by confusedgirl06, Jan 23, 2006.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. confusedgirl06

confusedgirl06 Member

SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I remember reading about others who got that letter from LECOM-BRadenton saying "We would like to schedule you for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot until your file is complete."

My file is now complete but I have not heard anything from them about an interview! DId anyone else who received that e-mail hear back from them yet?? Do you think I can mention the e-mail when I call them? lol

Thanks!!
  2. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I think the email you're referring to was for applicants that didnt send in a secondary app..and most people on SDN viewed that as a scheme to collect the secondary app fees and that the supposed "interview invite" would not be guaranteed as stated in the email..

And yes i did receive that email..there were a lot of people on SDN that have been accepted during the time the email was sent out..and therefore declined the offer.
  3. USArmyDoc

USArmyDoc

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I rejected their offer also. However, I took that jesture as a sincere attempt to recruit me as a student not a scheme.
  4. FrogE7

FrogE7 Senior Member

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    DMU has sent several emails and VCOM urged me via phone call to submit secondaries. I never submitted for DMU and never heard back after submitting to VCOM. I think it's just something many schools do in their own way.
  5. KateGia

KateGia OMS-III

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I don't think it's a scheme either, considering i sent in my secondary in august, have already interviewed, been accepted, and declined, and they STILL haven't cashed my secondary check.
  6. bio-chik

bio-chik Member

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hi,

I had the same email and I filled out the application and sent it back immediately and haven't heard a thing. I'm not sure what happend there. I thought they sincerely wanted to interview me...so I don't know why I haven't gotten an interview yet. :confused: