Letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TotalKayOs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get my residency stuff together and one site I am applying to requires a letter of intent. What exactly is a letter of intent? Is it a letter saying that one would def. take the position if one were offered the position? Or is it simply a statement about what one would hope to acomplish at the site? Any advice or direction would be appriciated. Thanks.

p.s.
Anyone else working on PharmD residency applications now, and is there already a thread for this?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my application I just need to get everything together and start filling it out.

All I have to say is what a pain!

I'm having to enlist help on the letter of intent too...

all i can say is that i am incredibly lucky to have an absolutely wonderful b/f who is able to help me with all of this stuff...

i'll let you know when I get everything figured out

Members don't see this ad :)
TotalKayOs said:
I am starting to get my residency stuff together and one site I am applying to requires a letter of intent. What exactly is a letter of intent? Is it a letter saying that one would def. take the position if one were offered the position? Or is it simply a statement about what one would hope to acomplish at the site? Any advice or direction would be appriciated. Thanks.

p.s.
Anyone else working on PharmD residency applications now, and is there already a thread for this?

I haven't seen a thread on this. For some reason, I think a sub-forum would be a good idea for residency info so it's kept in one tidy spot. Anyway, a letter of intent is very similar to the one you filled out applying to pharmacy school. It's basically a cover letter for youself. "Why do you want this particular residency?" and "what do you hope to accomplish with the experience of that particular residency".

The way I would write this is standard 5 paragraph format- intro, point 1, point 2, point 3, and conclusion. Also, make sure it is not generic sounding as if you are about to send it to multiple residency sites.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, it does help and I think a sub-forum on residencies would be a good idea too.

Requiem said:
I wish you two (bbmuffin/caverject) would stop bickering like idiots.

Can't you see that they're in love?
:love: