letter of interest, pre-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsteves4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i was wondering if it would be useful or bad to write a so-called LOI to school that has yet to invite me to an interview. the truth is, i have visited about 6 schools already and this is far and away my top choice for a bunch of reasons...
also, what exaclty do you write on a letter of interest.
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey bsteves4,
I don't really think there is good reason to send a letter of interest at this point. Either they are going to offer you an interview or they aren't, based upon your credentials and their needs for the class. If it will make you feel better, go ahead and send one, but I don't think it is going to improve your chances. That's just my 2 cents.
Good luck.

Kimka83 said:
Hey bsteves4,
I don't really think there is good reason to send a letter of interest at this point. Either they are going to offer you an interview or they aren't, based upon your credentials and their needs for the class. If it will make you feel better, go ahead and send one, but I don't think it is going to improve your chances. That's just my 2 cents.
Good luck.
This will not help unless you are above their averages and the most likely reason they havent invited you is because they think you are using them as a safety school. If you are just around their averages or under... an LOI is likely to have little effect at this point even if it is sincere.