Letter Writers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OliviaJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am asking this primarily for phase II consideration primarily directed to pharmacists/RPDs. How would your program feel about who writes LORs? Primarily, if your program is acute care, would you frown upon 2 of the 3 coming from ambulatory care preceptors? Any advice on LORs is appreciated for phase II/anyone who has been wondering about potential rejections!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get a strong letter form an acute care preceptor, I would recommend it. One ambulatory care preceptor is fine, but two is a lot when it's not an amb care position.

From my experience at a pediatric hospital we would subtract points if a student had a peds rotation and didn't get a rec from that preceptor, because it was kind of a red flag. The amb care/acute care is a less extreme version of that, but I think it's a good idea to maximize the people who can speak to your skills in the area of the program you're applying.

Reactions: 1 user