Letters of Recommendation for 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilsimi2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am doing amcas online and was wondering how letters of recommendation are sent to schools. do we have to use a service such as interfolio.com? I have my professors lined up, but where do I tell them to send their finished letters???? please help! :(

Members don't see this ad.

If your school has a pre-medicine committee, they will have policies regarding letters of recommendation. If your school does not have a pre-medicine committee to write a committee letter, then the letters of recommendation must be sent directly to the medical school. AMCAS plays no role in the letters of recommendation. Wait until each medical school you applied to asks for the letters (this is usually done at the secondary application level).

Jason

lilsimi2009 said:
i am doing amcas online and was wondering how letters of recommendation are sent to schools. do we have to use a service such as interfolio.com? I have my professors lined up, but where do I tell them to send their finished letters???? please help! :(