list of current fellows?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WashMe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking over many program websites and it seems odd to me that they often don't list the current or recent fellows, especially at "big name" programs. I am trying to find out what types of applicants each program is predominantly taking (anesthesia, PM&R, neuro, psych, etc.) as well as judge how much institutional or regional bias they have, The websites are not usually helpful or forthcoming with this information for some reason. Is there a full list available to peruse for the 2015 match, or does anyone know of a place to get program specific information without having to call these places and basically ask who matched?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's an issue of privacy, and to some extent security. It's up to the discretion of each program whether or not to reveal who trains there. No master list of fellows by name exists I don't think. General rule is that every program has some degree of regional bias because they must match a full class. Disasters happen when they come up short.

Thanks for the response. I guess I never thought of a security issue, since every residency program to which I applied had a list of all their residents, often with photos. These same programs fail to list their fellows. I suspect the small size of the departments and the lack of the need to advertise are also contributing factors. It is probably not worth their time to maintain full and updated websites, or to offer any more than the bare minimum information. Some places don't even tell you how to apply on the website and they aren't in ERAS, they just list people to contact for more information. They certainly make you do the leg work to even get an application in.