LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
where is the facebook group?

IMG_9922.png

There’s 45 people in the group right now. Assuming there are some people who might not be in the group yet…I’m guessing maybe 60-65 seats are filled?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted and feel like I know nothing about LIU. What are you guys weighing into your decisions about the veterinary school? I am from the midwest so I am worried it will be a large culture shock change.

I also just received an acceptance! I was not in the top 50. Has anyone had trouble creating their LIU account? It keeps saying my information was not found.

Does anyone also know anything about deferring their acceptance? I'm going through some extenuating circumstances and emailed Carmen but didn't know if anyone else was thinking about deferring a year.

Reactions: 1 user
I also just received an acceptance! I was not in the top 50. Has anyone had trouble creating their LIU account? It keeps saying my information was not found.

Does anyone also know anything about deferring their acceptance? I'm going through some extenuating circumstances and emailed Carmen but didn't know if anyone else was thinking about deferring a year.
where you in the bottom portion or just in the middle do you know?

I am thinking about deferring as well. Please let me know if you find anything out!

Just got my acceptance and I’m not in the top 50 either. I also feel like I know nothing about LIU and I was all set on going to St George’s. Would love to stay in the US but I feel very unprepared for LIU. Any advice?

Agh I promised I won’t check this form cause I’m in the bottom 50 but seeing everyone in the middle sections getting acceptances is giving me hope 🥲 when I know I shouldn’t be expecting anything lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance and I’m not in the top 50 either. I also feel like I know nothing about LIU and I was all set on going to St George’s. Would love to stay in the US but I feel very unprepared for LIU. Any advice?
I was able to go to the accepted students day in person and got some answers to questions I had. I’m blanking on what they were but if you have any questions I can try my best to let you know what was said!!

Agh I promised I won’t check this form cause I’m in the bottom 50 but seeing everyone in the middle sections getting acceptances is giving me hope 🥲 when I know I shouldn’t be expecting anything lol
Bottom 50 or bottom half? And I have faith for you!

I’m bottom half and now my hopes are definitely up :(

• Care
When they sent out the original email did they tell people they were in the top 50? How do we know that these new acceptances are from the mid 50?

I think some people heard top 50, some heard waitlist, and others heard bottom half …but that’s a guess from what I’ve heard on here

Just got an acceptance earlier today.

Edit: I was in the bottom half if that means anything to anyone.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who got an acceptance today, when do you need to tell them if you are taking the seat or not? Just trying to figure out if there will possibly b more sent out this week

For anyone who got an acceptance today, when do you need to tell them if you are taking the seat or not? Just trying to figure out if there will possibly b more sent out this week

I was given 4 days to commit after they accepted me today. I had to email them/submit a deposit by this Thursday.

I was wondering if I should email and ask where they are at on the waitlist but I also fear annoying admin

who do you guys think I should email since all of the emails are from like an automated system?

I was in the same boat last cycle. Committed to SGU, and ended up getting to LIU. I’m finishing my first year at LIU. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Any accepted students having hard time with the account activation? I’ve been trying to accept my seat for a couple days and it kept saying my info wasn’t found in the system and I tried emailing the school and calling the IT help desk and I got no responses.

Any accepted students having hard time with the account activation? I’ve been trying to accept my seat for a couple days and it kept saying my info wasn’t found in the system and I tried emailing the school and calling the IT help desk and I got no responses.

I waited an HOUR on the phone with the IT help desk but I was told to use the LIU ID in the decision email as the SSN! That should work. I just submitted my deposit

I’m trying to join that FB Group as well.
In the email about the waitlist a few weeks ago they had told you you were bottom half? Just trying to get an idea of where they r at in the waitlist, I was bottom half so I have a little glimmer of hope

In the email about the waitlist a few weeks ago they had told you you were bottom half? Just trying to get an idea of where they r at in the waitlist, I was bottom half so I have a little glimmer of hope

Yes. That was me a few weeks ago.

Just got my acceptance that I’ll be declining!! I was in the bottom half of the waitlist if that helps anyone!! Good Luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
AFter you submit your deposit, is there another portal to go to? Or do I just wait for an email?

AFter you submit your deposit, is there another portal to go to? Or do I just wait for an email?

I just printed the receipt to my deposit. After that, I created my MyLIU email (it’s gmail-based one I think). After that, nothing as of right now to do but to wait I’m guessing.

Does anyone know where most people live and in what surrounding neighborhoods? Looking for apartments.

Does anyone know where most people live their first year? On campus? Apartment complexes?
Rising 2nd year. A lot of first years live on campus, but some also live off campus. It depends on your preference. Feel free to PM me with specific questions. I lived on campus my first year.

Literally like, how big is the bottom half? That’s what I’m wondering.
i've been doing like mental gymnastics to figure out the numbers LOL so my thought process is like if they interviewed ~400 people, accepted a full class, that must mean ~300 people were waitlisted. people were told either top 50, top half, or bottom half (not sure about bottom 50). so if they're already in the bottom half, i'm assuming there must be like 150 people in the bottom half and they've already gotten through at LEAST 150 people in the top half