LIU PHARMACY CLASS OF 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys just got accepted to LIU Pharmacy. Really excited looking forward to to get to know my new classmates ... graduated from Mercy College bachelors in biology !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Guys I will be going to Buffalo. See you guys in the Pharmacy Community. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I apologize after much consideration and pondering I decided that I will be attending the University of Maryland for Pharmacy school. I will be joining @Will_JeffPharmacy in Maryland. It was fantastic getting to know all of you.

Reactions: 5 users
Matching at Stanford is my dream it is my sueño !! As everybody knows haha but not everybody knows that the weather was gorgeous last night here in NYC( felt like CA) and I ride .... haha

Attachments

• IMG_5662.jpg
    IMG_5662.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 85
Aren’t you guys scared of the job market? Seriously...visit the pharmacy forum. It’s not a joke... the new pharmacy Capsule pharmacy in NYC is hiring pharmacists now starting at 28 dollars an hour. That is 60k a year... literally the demand is so low now that they know they can get any new grad working for them at rates that low. It’s freaking horrible what they’re practicing. They’re taking advantage of the terrible job market and know students will work for them because no one else is hiring. Google capsule pharmacy Glassdoor salary for pharmacists if you don’t believe me. This is just one example of what’s happening...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Aren’t you guys scared of the job market? Seriously...visit the pharmacy forum. It’s not a joke... the new pharmacy Capsule pharmacy in NYC is hiring pharmacists now starting at 28 dollars an hour. That is 60k a year... literally the demand is so low now that they know they can get any new grad working for them at rates that low. It’s freaking horrible what they’re practicing. They’re taking advantage of the terrible job market and know students will work for them because no one else is hiring. Google capsule pharmacy Glassdoor salary for pharmacists if you don’t believe me. This is just one example of what’s happening...
very interesting stuff.

very interesting stuff.

Well, if you go on Glassdoor you can see their estimates of salary. What’s weird is no other company is practicing this yet. Maybe it also estimates pharm tech and other staff salary too? Who knows? Could explain why it’s really low there and not anywhere else.

Well, if you go on Glassdoor you can see their estimates of salary. What’s weird is no other company is practicing this yet. Maybe it also estimates pharm tech and other staff salary too? Who knows? Could explain why it’s really low there and not anywhere else.
what should I become if not a pharmacist like I dont have grades right now for a MD

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys I have my interview on Friday. I am coming from Brown University. I guess I put my major which is Biophysics GPA 3.5, PCAT 87.

I was wondering what should I prepare for and if anyone can share any tips thanks.

Hey Guys I have my interview on Friday. I am coming from Brown University. I guess I put my major which is Biophysics GPA 3.5, PCAT 87.

I was wondering what should I prepare for and if anyone can share any tips thanks.
I am having trouble getting accepted can you share some tips please?

I go to LIU for my undergrad I am more then Happy to share with you some tips. I am going to LIU Pharmacy School Fall 2018. I also want to create a website with all the info and videos of lectures to help each other study. @DavidPharmacy101 is a tech guy he is working on it. Is a very intense program but totally achievable. Where you from originally? Was your Background? Brown University is great school.

@James_Pharm I am excited. My interview is tomorrow. I am originally from South Hampton,NY my family lives there. I also have family in the Upper East side. My brother is doing Radiology Residency in NY Presbyterian a graduate from Brown Med-school. So I would love to get into LIU to join him in NY. My little Sister is a 2 -year student at Brown. I love Brown University. I will be a proud Alumni. Can't believe we are graduates in a Month. Give it up for the Class of 2018!!!! FYI I will be in NY all weekend so we can meet up if you like.

Hi everyone! I will be interviewing at LIU April 20 (second to the last group of interview) And I was wondering if I can get any tips?

My major is Biomedical Engineering at Cornell University GPA 3.45/PCAT 91. Graduating May 2018! Can't wait! I am originally from Chappaqua, NY(no one probably knows this place) hahaha.

Looking forward to meeting the class of 2022.
Hey, I interviewed on March 23rd, we had to discuss a topic with our group and they quietly graded us based on how we led the conversation and if we were open to reason and able to get our point across. The second interview is like a typical group interview where they asked for our strengths and weeknesses and why we chose Pharmacy and specifically LIU. Good luck!!

Guys I got into temple Med-school. I will be going to med-school, instead. :)

Reactions: 10 users
Guys got into LIU, However I will be declining, as I am going to UNC.

Wow, we have three CUNY in here.

City College of NY
Brooklyn College
Queens College.

Where's the comment about CUNY not being strong ? Haha
Another CUNY here! (Hunter College)
Got accepted into LIU after being waitlisted for a day and will be going!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just curious, but has anyone received their acceptance package?? I got accepted at the end of february and i still havent received any mail from them. I feel like i keep bugging them about it, but ive already paid the deposit and gotten the email.

Guys I really enjoy meeting new people, I am going to the Pharmacy conference. I am looking forward in meeting all of you! Currently in Florida hanging out with @BellaMatos, @Jonathan_Pharmacy @PeterPat22 @LisaJones22 @Sarahen, will_jeffpharmacy and it would not be possible if this chat was not created. Thank you guys! looking forward in meeting the rest of you!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone!

I will be going to LIU Pharmacy School Fall 2018. I am currently finishing up my BS in Physics with a concentration in quantitative finance, minor in Mathematics at LIU. GPA 3.88, PCAT 89. My friend @C.loft told me to join this page. We are currently in Ohio watching Lebron James do his thing. 5 Bachelors in Cleveland, OH. I look forward in meeting the rest of my classmates!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I will be going to LIU Pharmacy School Fall 2018. I am currently finishing up my BS in Physics, minor in Mathematics. GPA 3.88, PCAT 89. My friend @C.loft told me to join this page. We are currently in Ohio watching Lebron James do his thing. 5 Bachelors in Cleveland, OH. I look forward in meeting the rest of my classmates!
Was up my man, No invite! Class of 2018!!! Me studying hard for finals on Wednesday.

I still need guidance in getting in Please!
Hey man sorry to hear about your rejection. I think the best course of action is taking 2-years and doing a masters in one of the sciences. Going to class, doing excellent work and really understanding what you are learning. Because I can tell you right now a PharmD is no joke, nothing to play around with. Failure happens, so know yourself, and study hard!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey man sorry to hear about your rejection. I think the best course of action is taking 2-years and doing a masters in one of the sciences. Going to class, doing excellent work and really understanding what you are learning. Because I can tell you right now a PharmD is no joke, nothing to play around with. Failure happens, so know yourself, and study hard!
Thank you, I message you with a few more questions sorry to bother you!

Hi everyone!

I will be going to LIU Pharmacy School Fall 2018. I am currently finishing up my BS in Physics with a concentration in quantitative finance, minor in Mathematics at LIU. GPA 3.88, PCAT 89. My friend @C.loft told me to join this page. We are currently in Ohio watching Lebron James do his thing. 5 Bachelors in Cleveland, OH. I look forward in meeting the rest of my classmates!

If it makes anyone feel better, my stats are ass. PCAT 13, GPA 2.8 and I got in. My application as a whole though was got me in for sure. Most def my interview too, they were hesitant but I was confident

Last edited:
If it makes anyone feel better, my stats are ass. PCAT 13, GPA 2.8 and I got in. My application as a whole though was got me in for sure. Most def my interview too, they were hesitant but I was confident
I don't believe it. I have friends that go there and I never heard of that before

Reactions: 2 users
With all do respect I was looking forward to meeting everyone at LIU. However my life goal has change. I will be going to University of Pennsylvania Medical School on a full scholarship. Thank you everyone, for the support!.
Wow you are fantastic. Please keep me posted big timer. I will post my white coat ceremony of my MD from Temple, please post yours :)

Reactions: 8 users
Guys my sister advise me to go to UNC, I was accepted to the PharmD/M.P.H program at UNC. I am excited to announce I will be going to UNC to increase my chances of matching.

Reactions: 8 users
Guys my sister advise me to go to UNC, I was accepted to the PharmD/M.P.H program at UNC. I am excited to announce I will be going to UNC to increase my chances of matching.
Welcome! see you in July. Coming from Brown University. I already reached out to @sarajenpharmacy Duke grad going to UNC. Very good contact to have my brother.

I am proud of you my brother, go represent LIU out there. I know how hard you worked for this goal. UNC is going to be excited to have you.

@TJPharmacy , hey man nice post, I am going to put you in contact with one of my friend that is also going to LIU pharmacy school and he is looking for roommates starting in August. He is coming from Washington DC. The most he is willing to pay is $1,800.

Last edited:
hey man nice post, I am going to put you in contact with one of my friend that is also going to LIU pharmacy school and he is looking for roommates starting in August. He is coming from Washington DC. The most he is willing to pay is $1,800.
ok that is great! he would pay a little less about $1,540. @TJPharmacy father owns it, so he is giving it to us on a steal deal since we are students. And we looking to move in by August 1.

Thanks @Ashir_Pharmacy! FYI are you good on housing for UNC, I go there now and I can make sure you are all set up in-terms of housing.

@TJPharmacy I live in the Upper east side of Manhattan, but my aunt likes in Park slope, bk. Yea definitely! my girlfriend is going to LIU for pharmacy school, so you can use another knowledgeable study buddy.