Living in Des Moines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarquetteGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be attending Des Moines next fall and was wondering where some good places were to live? I'd like to live as close to school as possible and I'd rather be in an apartment instead of a house. Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

Members don't see this ad.

MarquetteGuy said:
Hi,
I will be attending Des Moines next fall and was wondering where some good places were to live? I'd like to live as close to school as possible and I'd rather be in an apartment instead of a house. Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

Alot of the single students live in 3000 Grand apartments. It is about a block from school. Alot of the married students live out in West Des Moines.

I'm headed to DMU this coming fall. 3000 grand is nice but dang expensive. The places across the street from the school are cheaper but not near as nice. I'm looking into the four seasons, but have not visited. It's about 3 blocks from the school and looks nice. I'm married and want to be within walking distance to avoid the need for 2 cars. See you in class next fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Misparas

Are you a fellow Cougar. I am from Orem and am a first year here at DMU. PM me if you have any questions.

A lot of students live across the street from the school in The Imperial.

I heard from a few people that some halls in the imperial have a funny smell???

discusdan- I am a cougar! I'll see you next year. We'll have to catch a few games next fall.

Anything that is really close to CPMS is either expensive or a little run down. There are great places in the suburbs. What are you looking for? If you give me a little more info on your expectations, I can make better suggestions.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Anything that is really close to CPMS is either expensive or a little run down. There are great places in the suburbs. What are you looking for? If you give me a little more info on your expectations, I can make better suggestions.

Hi,
Thank you very much for your help. I'm looking for just a decent one-bedroom apartment close to the campus. I really don't want to drive to school, so the closer to campus the better. If you have any suggestions of places to look at, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I need one more piece of info and you can send it via a private message if you'd like, but how much are you looking to send on rent a month? Also which matters more, a nice apartment or a cheap apartment?