Living Near Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beezies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
K guys, totally got ignored on the current dental student site, so I have to ask...where do people going to Tufts/BU live? I need some names of apartment complexes and such. And do you guys think that living on the greenline or redline would be too far of a hike each day? Thanks for the tips.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I've been using the MBTA website to estimate the commute from apartments to Tufts.

http://trip.mbta.com/cgi-bin/itin_page_dhtml.pl

You can put in the subway or commuter rail station near your perspective apartment and then use New England Medical Center (or whatever stop you want) to find out how early you'll have to leave for class.

Good luck,
Utes

Members don't see this ad :)
amsie said:
62 Boylston.ALOT of tufts kids live there,and its like right across the street from tufts and the hospital.

Parineta? I loved that movie! ;)

Well i'm in the same boat. I might live in the outskirts of Boston. I'm hoping to find a roomate.

Bronco said:
Parineta? I loved that movie! ;)

Well i'm in the same boat. I might live in the outskirts of Boston. I'm hoping to find a roomate.

Wasn't it great?! I liked it because it was 1)based on a Tagore novel, and 2) not typical bollywood love triangle crap.

amsie said:
Wasn't it great?! I liked it because it was 1)based on a Tagore novel, and 2) not typical bollywood love triangle crap.

Yeah for sure! S.A.K. kicks a$s. The chick acted very good also. This thread looks like its going to be hijaked. Soon its going to be a desi parade.

Bronco said:
Yeah for sure! S.A.K. kicks a$s. The chick acted very good also. This thread looks like its going to be hijaked. Soon its going to be a desi parade.

vidya balan as lolita. she was really good :) i think YOU hijacked the thread! i was the innocent commenter :laugh:

amsie said:
vidya balan as lolita. she was really good :) i think YOU hijacked the thread! i was the innocent commenter :laugh:

Ok, lets get back to the subject. :p

You know any other places where Dental/Medical students live besides Boylston? Is it a good idea to live in the outskirts of Boston? How effective is the transportation? Some say its great, others say a car is a must? Would living 30 minutes away be too far as a 1st year dental student?

Bronco said:

You know any other places where Dental/Medical students live besides Boylston? Is it a good idea to live in the outskirts of Boston? How effective is the transportation? Some say its great, others say a car is a must? Would living 30 minutes away be too far as a 1st year dental student?

i know my bf has friends that live on the outskirts of boston and drive in to school everyday,but its sort of a pain in the a$$. there are others that live randomly all over boston and take the t in.

Bronco said:

I've heard that living more than a 20 min T ride away from school is a mistake. The T is unreliable during bad weather, which could be all winter long some years.

beezies said:
I've heard that living more than a 20 min T ride away from school is a mistake. The T is unreliable during bad weather, which could be all winter long some years.

it's unreliable all throughout the year (don't get me started, i'm a bitter former bostonian :D ). but yes, when there was a really bad snowfall one day last year, a bunch of people i know had been on the T to go downtown and they stopped the train and (after a 45 min wait for another train--which never came), they made everyone get off and walk to their destinations (over a mile for my friends). haha that is a horror story to prepare u for the worst, but in all honesty the T beats driving for inner city travel.