LLU application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do anybody what they ask do in the dexterity and the case study test exactly?
any help will be appreciated, any one wants to share room with me plz email me on [email protected], i think loma linda inn is the closest motel available

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys.......i got invitation too for 28th Aug.......is anybody know which typhodontt they use kilgore or columbia
A Columbia Dentoform typodont will be provided for you to use.

Do they only do one round of interviews? Wondering if I can postpone. Thanks
Only one round of interviews are given, for those selected for the formal interview process the interviews will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday following the testing day on Sunday. This is done so that the applicants who travel from overseas or great distances will not have to schedule a return trip for the interview. Everyone invited to the test day will receive a short interview at the end of the afternoon.

I also received an email. So, friends we will meet there. Does any one know what do they ask in bench test? also what kind of teeth they use? please friends help. This is my first interview. I need help. are you going to take your own instruments and lab coat? Thanks in advance.

To clarify, it is not a "bench test" you will be working with the typodont mounted on a mannequin on a dental chair. You can expect to perform a mix of some sort of class II alloy preparation, full gold crown preparations, and PFM preparations, are all a possibility. No restorations or temporaries are required, only preparations. Tooth #'s and surfaces are not selected until the morning of the exam.

do anybody what they ask do in the dexterity and the case study test exactly?
any help will be appreciated, any one wants to share room with me plz email me on [email protected], i think loma linda inn is the closest motel available

See above response for the dexterity test, for the case study exam. You will be given information on a patient. Health history, chief complaint, full mouth photographs and full mouth radiographs. You will be asked to document existing conditions and develop a treatment plan for that specific case, along with other questions that will help give us insight into your thought process and experience. You will be given approximately 3-4 hrs for each exam and lunch will be provided. I look forward to seeing each of you there and good luck.

You can expect to perform a mix of some sort of class II alloy preparation.

Its so helpful of you Dr Mitchell. I have a query when you mentioned Class II alloy preparation means Class II cavity preparation for amalgam without restoring it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its so helpful of you Dr Mitchell. I have a query when you mentioned Class II alloy preparation means Class II cavity preparation for amalgam without restoring it?

Yes that is correct, also handpieces will be provided for the dexterity test, you are allowed to bring any burs, favorite instruments that you prefer. Disposable gowns and protective eyewear will also be provided. Restorative instrument setups and burs are also provided so you do not need to bring anything unless you have favorite ones that you like to use.

Thank you very much Dr. Mitchell for your help. I really appreciate your help. It is vey helpful. Also, I want to know that you said that mix of some sort of class II alloy preparation. so, does that mean we will have to prepare complex amalgam preparation? one more question. you said we will have short interview after dexterity test. Is it about that dexterity test preparation?

Thank you again.

A Columbia Dentoform typodont will be provided for you to use.

Only one round of interviews are given, for those selected for the formal interview process the interviews will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday following the testing day on Sunday. This is done so that the applicants who travel from overseas or great distances will not have to schedule a return trip for the interview. Everyone invited to the test day will receive a short interview at the end of the afternoon.

To clarify, it is not a "bench test" you will be working with the typodont mounted on a mannequin on a dental chair. You can expect to perform a mix of some sort of class II alloy preparation, full gold crown preparations, and PFM preparations, are all a possibility. No restorations or temporaries are required, only preparations. Tooth #'s and surfaces are not selected until the morning of the exam.

See above response for the dexterity test, for the case study exam. You will be given information on a patient. Health history, chief complaint, full mouth photographs and full mouth radiographs. You will be asked to document existing conditions and develop a treatment plan for that specific case, along with other questions that will help give us insight into your thought process and experience. You will be given approximately 3-4 hrs for each exam and lunch will be provided. I look forward to seeing each of you there and good luck.

Hey friends I have a question about crown preparation. complete cast crown preparation is the same as gold/metal crown preparation, right? Also, does anyone know which books we should refer for all this preparations ( case study/ dexterity)? Please help. This is my first interview ever.

Is there anyone going to LLU from Houston?

Thanks.

Thank you very much Dr. Mitchell for your help. I really appreciate your help. It is vey helpful. Also, I want to know that you said that mix of some sort of class II alloy preparation. so, does that mean we will have to prepare complex amalgam preparation? one more question. you said we will have short interview after dexterity test. Is it about that dexterity test preparation?

Thank you again.

The alloy preparation will be a standard preparation, it will not be a complex alloy preparation. The interview is after both examinations in the evening. Since not all applicants will be invited to the formal interview, Dr. Fitzpatrick and I like to have just a few minutes with every applicant that takes the exam. The Sunday interviews will be short but everyone gets one. The dexterity tests will be graded that night.

The alloy preparation will be a standard preparation, it will not be a complex alloy preparation. The interview is after both examinations in the evening. Since not all applicants will be invited to the formal interview, Dr. Fitzpatrick and I like to have just a few minutes with every applicant that takes the exam. The Sunday interviews will be short but everyone gets one. The dexterity tests will be graded that night.

Thank you Dr. Mitchell for your quick reply.

thank you very much Dr.Mitchell for helping and guiding us in this forum.
But let me get this straight, you are saying that everyone who takes the dexterity exam on august 28 will have a few-minutes interview on that day after the exam. And based on the results of the exam, some will be invited to the formal interview on August 30 and 31.
Is that correct?

thank you very much Dr.Mitchell for helping and guiding us in this forum.
But let me get this straight, you are saying that everyone who takes the dexterity exam on august 28 will have a few-minutes interview on that day after the exam. And based on the results of the exam, some will be invited to the formal interview on August 30 and 31.
Is that correct?

Yes that is correct, the interviews on Sunday will be very short (about 5-6 minutes each) and will be with Dr. Fitzpatrick or me. The formal interview participants will be selected based largely on your exam results from Sunday.

Is anybody coming to LLU interview on August 28th, from Washington DC or VA?

Hey friends How is your preparation going on for interview? What to study for case study?
I have one more question that when you prepare the PFM, do you make the proximal surface even or there will be any transition? I mean there is more reduction on buccal, while on lingual there is a less reduction. so, when you see from the buccal you can see the lingual surface. there is a wall like preparation on proximal, right? Please help.

Thank you in advance.

hi everyone, what should we wear for Aug 28th sunday 's bench exam , i meant to ask scrubs or shirt and suit?
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone, what should we wear for Aug 28th sunday 's bench exam , i meant to ask scrubs or shirt and suit?
thanks
On bench test, Shirt and trouser would be fine because we have to wear disposable gown anyway. And if invited for the IV next day then we should wear professional. That's what I feel.

Dr Mitchel, Thanks for all your help here at Sdn.. That means so much for all of us.

Last edited:
can v use matrix band or sumthing to avoid adjacent tooth from grinding??? Plz guide Dr. Mitchel

hi, is anyone having problems with flight from east coast to reach LLUSD on saturday due to hurricane IRENE , is there any number we can contact the admission committe or Dr. Gregory Mitchell just in case if I cannot make it there on time .thanks

thanks

I called LLU yesterday and they said we should wear something comfortable and that scrubs are fine. Hopw that helps!! Good luck!

Congrats toothfairyqueen and morphology!! Can u plz share ur stats?

LLU is a legendary school, really awesome experience... Dexterity, case study, personal interview seems stressful but LLU people really made it so stress free... I really pray to get accepted here... But its a really long wait till October for the results to be out...

LLU is a legendary school, really awesome experience... Dexterity, case study, personal interview seems stressful but LLU people really made it so stress free... I really pray to get accepted here... But its a really long wait till October for the results to be out...

I declined dexterity test invitation due to unavoidable circumstances. Good luck all

loma linda is a great school.. fingers crossed for october.... good luck all

Dr Mitchel, Thanks for all your help here at Sdn.. That means so much for all of us.

Dr Mitchel might be the only professor active on SDN for International Dental Program. He is so kind and I had honor to meet him on my last interview. one of the kindest person I have ever met. Thank you Dr. Mitchel for helping us out here on SDN.

I called cindy on Monday, she told me wait untill the 2nd week of October :scared:

Hello dream school, here I come:)

Thank you god and my very supportive family. Could never have done it without you:)

LLU IDP 2014:)

congrats !!Has anyone else got it too..I am still waiting for updates

I can't wait friends. Hey VEERA007 congratulation. YOu know what believe me or not, but yesterday I had dream and it was about your acceptance. I am so eagerly waiting for my result.

I can't wait friends. Hey VEERA007 congratulation. YOu know what believe me or not, but yesterday I had dream and it was about your acceptance. I am so eagerly waiting for my result.

Haha! Morphology! You are funny:)

Good luck:)

hey llu sends the letters thru regular mail, atleast thats what the dexterity email says.
how did u receive it thru email?

Veera007 said the truth. I called the admission office right the way when I saw his post, they told me "we sent to some of the acceptance applicants their acceptance massage by email but not all",
so good luck.

Veera007 said the truth. I called the admission office right the way when I saw his post, they told me "we sent to some of the acceptance applicants their acceptance massage by email but not all",
so good luck.
hey did u find out why they sent only to some applicants thru email?
can u please let us know, it will be very helpful.
i asked cos they usually send thru regular mail.

hey llu sends the letters thru regular mail, atleast thats what the dexterity email says.
how did u receive it thru email?

Dude relax!!! I am at this point in my life after a lot of hard work and sacrifice. The fact that you thought that I would lie about something like this is very demeaning. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Once I hear from other accepted candidates, I will also make a Facebook page for LLUSD IDP 2014. PM me your Facebook id and I will add you guys :D

Good luck for all those who are waiting :)

Dude relax!!! I am at this point in my life after a lot of hard work and sacrifice. The fact that you thought that I would lie about something like this is very demeaning. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Once I hear from other accepted candidates, I will also make a Facebook page for LLUSD IDP 2014. PM me your Facebook id and I will add you guys :D

Good luck for all those who are waiting :)
hey veera am really sorry if i have hurt your feelings :(
I did not mean to,just wanted to know if the procedure had changed this year.
congrats and am sure u deserved it.I think u can understand the stress ppl who are waiting are under. Everybody kept saying it will be thru regular mail and others said they were waiting,so got really confused.By the time i saw ur post it was too late to call the admissions office and i think i got really stressed.
am sorry once again and please dont take it personally.It is a well deseved success and enjoy ur moment :)

Hey!! Don't worry. It's all cool. I know the stress that comes with this :)
The email said that they will will also be sending out the letters in mail. So we will be receiving both the emails and mails:)

Good luck:)

hey veera am really sorry if i have hurt your feelings :(
I did not mean to,just wanted to know if the procedure had changed this year.
congrats and am sure u deserved it.I think u can understand the stress ppl who are waiting are under. Everybody kept saying it will be thru regular mail and others said they were waiting,so got really confused.By the time i saw ur post it was too late to call the admissions office and i think i got really stressed.
am sorry once again and please dont take it personally.It is a well deseved success and enjoy ur moment :)