LLU application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I didn't apply to LLU, but I have a friend who did and he is wait listed. He said that all acceptances and wait list candidates have been sent out. So, if you haven't received anything yet then you should contact them.
I am on waitlist..

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess LLU doesn't accept many Indians. And on this forum most students are Indians. If I get accepted I'll post it rightaway:xf:

Be careful with any assumptions, there were more Indians accepted into this IDP class than any other year.

Be careful with any assumptions, there were more Indians accepted into this IDP class than any other year.
Thanks a lot Dr. Mitchel. Your reply is giving me some hope.. Could you please tell me if the waiting list is moving or not?

Dr.Mitchell i just want to know what are the chances for students in the alternate list.Usually how many are placed and when can we hope to hear something from the school.Also is diversity given a lot of importance when students are selected from the waiting list.I wanted to ask you as i don't want to end up making any wrong assumptions :)

Sorry I have been so neglect in responding on here, my new position as director of all undergraduate clinics at LLU has definitely eaten up a good chunk of my time. I am not expecting as much movement into the alternate list as we have had in the past. It seems that as the reputation of Loma Linda's International Dentist Program has grown, more candidates that have received multiple acceptances are choosing to come here. There will always be some movement but it can vary greatly year to year. Diversity can come into play in the decision process however it is minor and when there are several candidates who are comparable one that adds diversity will be looked at closely. However if one candidate is clearly superior to another nobody cares about diversity, we are interested in accepting the strongest class possible. Your destiny is in your own hands (figuratively and literally) you outperform everyone else and you will be accepted, remember it is a competition and I have definitely seen the level of performance increase over the last several years. I don't think that anyone can just stand pat and expect to get accepted into the program.

Thank you Dr.Mitchell for your input.I hope something works out for me from the alternate list.

Dr. Mitchell your information on alternate list acceptance is very helpful. Though I still have question for you and will appreciate your response. Do school give preference to candidates who are citizen or green card over somebody who is on F-1 visa if the program start date is just few weeks away assuming that both candidates are of equal potential.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you again.

No preference is given between those 3 residence situations.

guys, does anybody know if there is still any glimmer of hope for those on the alternate list to get accepted and whether all the positions for the 2012 class have been filled and confirmed ?

guys, does anybody know if there is still any glimmer of hope for those on the alternate list to get accepted and whether all the positions for the 2012 class have been filled and confirmed ?
I asked them and they said IDP class is full and they are not expecting any movement:(

hey i think the alternate list will start moving after the deadline for the second big payment comes up.since llu finalised the class much before other schools i think we might have to wait longer to hear from them.Just my assumption, am not too sure though.

Harry747, who did you ask? and when was that ?
I asked Cyndi last week.As you know movement only happens when someone drops his/her acceptance and LLU is a reputed school so chances are less that someone rejects it.

Thank you God for making my dream come true
Thank you God for responding to my prayers

I got accepted at LLU from the alternate list
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It’s my time to do the banana dance :soexcited::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::soexcited:

Thank you God for making my dream come true
Thank you God for responding to my prayers

I got accepted at LLU from the alternate list
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It’s my time to do the banana dance :soexcited::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::soexcited:
Congratulation & good luck.