Loan Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrispharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i am going to one of my in state schools but they consider you undergrad for the first two years, so that means i cannot get a gradplus loan and it appears can only get around $5500 a year they said from federal loans.

Is the only option a private loan to help pay for living expenses etc. for the first two year.

The last 2 years they condisder you a grad or professional student and i assume i could get gradplus for those last two years, but i am not sure about the first two.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a 0-6 pharmacy program?

Yes it is. but i am a tranfer student and didnt do the 0-6. I am starting at year 3 i guess, or what would be a p1 in a normal program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is. but i am a tranfer student and didnt do the 0-6. I am starting at year 3 i guess, or what would be a p1 in a normal program.

If you are technically a junior (>60 hours but <132) then you can get a little over 10k a year from the two Staffords. The exact amount depends on whether you are classified as an independent student or not.

Once you have over 132, you qualify for grad rates which are around 20k and can also get grad plus loans.

Your school should have someone in fin aid that works specifically with the pharm students since it is a little complicated and the fact that most people change from undergrad to grad status in the middle of the program. Find this person and sit down with them. They will know how your exact position fits into the loans.

If you are technically a junior (>60 hours but <132) then you can get a little over 10k a year from the two Staffords. The exact amount depends on whether you are classified as an independent student or not.

Once you have over 132, you qualify for grad rates which are around 20k and can also get grad plus loans.

Your school should have someone in fin aid that works specifically with the pharm students since it is a little complicated and the fact that most people change from undergrad to grad status in the middle of the program. Find this person and sit down with them. They will know how your exact position fits into the loans.

I tried to call and honeslty they seem to not really know and say ask the registrar office, then ask the school of pharmacy etc. Unfortunately, I am going to a distance campus and the financial aid office is not nearby where I can go in person.

I tried to call and honeslty they seem to not really know and say ask the registrar office, then ask the school of pharmacy etc. Unfortunately, I am going to a distance campus and the financial aid office is not nearby where I can go in person.
Have you tried calling the school of pharmacy and ask who you can talk to about loan issue?

School of Pharmacy at my school seem to have a certain adviser from each undergrad department for direct communication so I assume they may have one for financial aid. If not, they might be able to answer or direct you to the right person to talk to.