Location Dilemma/Long-term plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical_school_journey

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong location. I'm having somewhat of a dilemma. I got into a guaranteed acceptance post-bacc at burrell college of osteopathic medicine, which is a program that would start this fall. Will a degree from Burrell be able to land me a good residency later? Will I be judged forever for going to Burrell when trying to get a job? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BCOM is a new school. That means you made a decision based upon a number of question marks. Who knows what their board scores will be? Who knows about the quality of their rotations and subsequent residency placements? For that matter who knows what their attrition rate will be for their first and second year students? You are just going to need to see how all of this plays out. I would not have based my decision to attend their post-bacc program on the criteria you used. But if you do well in it, perhaps you will have a number of other choices for a DO program.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user