lol @ anyone who thinks being a doctor = instant hot girls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, just become an OB/GYN. I hear they get all the ladies.

HAHAHAAHA, I laughed at that way too hard. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

40-year-old-virgin.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^ OP

I only read the first two sentences but I will say this much-

A lot of young woman care about power, money, and social status.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only kinds of girls who don't care about what your eventual profession is going to be are the party rock college chicks who are just living in the moment. If that's what you want, then yeah, being a 'doctor to be' probably won't get you anywhere.

i think girls are more interested in pianists than med students... but both :cool:

Lets compare:

med students == good at taking tests

Pianist == guitarist == great with fingers

Singer == great with tongue.

Winner.

I sing, play piano, and play guitar. Working on the med student part. At this rate, I'll have to fight to keep girls off me. :cool:

In all seriousness, if it takes you 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of med school, and 3+ years of residency so that you can feel attractive enough to approach a woman, something is wrong.

I only read the first two sentences but I will say this much-

A lot of young woman care about power, money, and social status.

Of course, LOOK like a millionaire and you'll get lots of chicks. The rest is irrelevant.

The only kinds of girls who don't care about what your eventual profession is going to be are the party rock college chicks who are just living in the moment. If that's what you want, then yeah, being a 'doctor to be' probably won't get you anywhere.
lol you know that's like 95% of the hot girls right?

wat :laugh:

chicks will probably find it "mysterious" in some shape or form. It's always the ugly dudes who get labelled as creepers...:laugh:

I hear they all go gay or are gay due to the fact that females permenantly gross them out.

(not that srs)

Going gay is the only 100% proven way to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The abstinence method was disproved by Bristol Palin.

rofl so true :laugh:

I always wondered why so many hot chicks were dumb... and why so many smart chicks were ugly. The few girls who are smart/succesful and hot will have endless numbers of doctors/top end lawyers/CEOs/pro athletes on them anyway.

"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."- Tony Montana

Basically the only reason I would ever want to be a doctor...:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Going gay is the only 100% proven way to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The abstinence method was disproved by Bristol Palin.

Actually didn't we just celebrate the fact that abstinence is only 99.99% effective about a month ago?

I always wondered why so many hot chicks were dumb... and why so many smart chicks were ugly. The few girls who are smart/succesful and hot will have endless numbers of doctors/top end lawyers/CEOs/pro athletes on them anyway.

I don't know. I interviewed for MD/PhD programs this cycle and there was a disproportionate number of hot girls on the interview trail. Of course, if you are looking for plastic, that is a whole 'nother ball game.

Actually didn't we just celebrate the fact that abstinence is only 99.99% effective about a month ago?

I don't know. I interviewed for MD/PhD programs this cycle and there was a disproportionate number of hot girls on the interview trail. Of course, if you are looking for plastic, that is a whole 'nother ball game.

I observed this as well. Top schools also seemed to have hotter female students in general. Of course, that may have had to do with the fact that my higher ranked interviewers were in more warm and fit parts of the country too.... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I observed this as well. Top schools also seemed to have hotter female students in general. Of course, that may have had to do with the fact that my higher ranked interviewers were in more warm and fit parts of the country too.... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Was not my experience during interviews...

This is true across the board... Hot girls tend to succeed in a traditionally male dominated field.

I sing, play piano, and play guitar. Working on the med student part. At this rate, I'll have to fight to keep girls off me. :cool:

In all seriousness, if it takes you 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of med school, and 3+ years of residency so that you can feel attractive enough to approach a woman, something is wrong.

I am the girl version of you.

Anyways, this thread made me laugh. Not to stereotype my culture, but when a girl (myself excluded) hears the word "doctor" she automatically starts assuming that the said guy will make a great spouse/partner, etc.

As a side note, why does the hot girl have to be a blonde? o_O

go to Russia, drop the MD bomb - just say "ya amerikanyetz doctor" - they'll be panty droppin in a heart beat.

PS - you don't actually need to be a doctor for this to work. In fact, just saying you're American will suffice lol

all the times I had girls coming after me were when I just never gave a heck; all the times I had girls avoiding me were when I actively tried to find a gf... i dont get why this topic even exist lol. just be your confident self and girls will eventually gravitate toward you like mosquitoes toward a lamp, unless you are just completely socially awkward. TC sounds like he just lost a gal to some guy that pulled the "I am a future MD" card out of his wazoo lol

Anyways, this thread made me laugh. Not to stereotype my culture, but when a girl (myself excluded) hears the word "doctor" she automatically starts assuming that the said guy will make a great spouse/partner, etc.

Agreed. I'll take almost any donut at Krispy Kreme if you know what I mean.

Blonde girls are hot......

Mad? Nah
Annoyed? Eh, Gettin There
Do "I Pity The Fool" "OH YEAAA!!!!" - Family guy actually being Funny.

I'm not attempting to start an internet fight as they serve no purpose, I'm just asking for the same respect that I provide people on forums when I don't bash people who don't believe in Jesus.

Oh hey Dr. Wiley, um, Jesus told me to tell you this..."Cool story bro"

"I am the girl version of you." Awesome :thumbup:

Most girls in my culture also make the same assumption. But hey, if it works in my favor.. ;) lol jk.

And I reflect your sentiment about blonde girls. Blondes don't do it for me. Perhaps it's some kind of mental block associated with the societal stereotype of them. Either that, or that fact that I probably have a different measuring stick than most when it comes to judging beauty.

Btw AM90, at the risk of appearing pandering, your avatar and user title are quite charming.

Women crawl out of the woodwork when they find out you're going to medical school (usually not the kind of women you want) as long as you're not socially inept and at least average in looks.

she doesnt at all, at least not for me :)
go to Russia, drop the MD bomb - just say "ya amerikanyetz doctor" - they'll be panty droppin in a heart beat.

PS - you don't actually need to be a doctor for this to work. In fact, just saying you're American will suffice lol
lolz funny thing is this actually does work, heard from several people who went to other countries pulling the "canadian" card (yes im canadian)
Women crawl out of the woodwork when they find out you're going to medical school (usually not the kind of women you want) as long as you're not socially inept and at least average in looks.
maybe less attractive girls who want a future spouse locked in. I guess that explains some doctors with whale wives.
But why would a gold digger come to a broke med student? And even best case scenario where you're paying all your tuition, you're still not making any actual money.

But why would a gold digger come to a broke med student? And even best case scenario where you're paying all your tuition, you're still not making any actual money.
Hehe just lie and tell her that the thousands you have in the bank isn't loan money...

Doctors don't really have any of these things.

Doctors don't have power, but they do have money/prestige/status. How financially ******ed must someone be to make 400k/year and still be broke from paying off loans or some crap excuse some med students always use? People get rich with MUCH less money while being in much worse financial situations....
As for prestige and status, you have the most respected degree in north america and in the eyes of the public... save lives for a living. I don't see how that doesn't equate to having prestige and status considering it is the best career school can get you into.

Let me tell you something about ladies that you all seem to be missing...
(NSFW language)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJxvi767kQ[/youtube]

You don't come off as financially smart. A $400k/year salary is around $8,968.50 for a bi-weekly check after taxes. That means around $16k/month.

Assume 20% for retirement savings
Assume 20% for mortgage payment
Assume around $1,500 to $3,000 for your student loan payments
Assume the rest for everything else.

Would that put you in the 1%? Yes, but on the VERY LOW end of the 1%. The average income for the 1% in 2009 was roughly $950k.

That's more like $18k/month.

You come off as a whiny nerd whose angry at the world. Probably because even the fat neighbor girl won't take a second look at him.

I imagine you look something like this.

south+park.jpg

You don't come off as financially smart. A $400k/year salary is around $8,968.50 for a bi-weekly check after taxes. That means around $16k/month.

Assume 20% for retirement savings
Assume 20% for mortgage payment
Assume around $1,500 to $3,000 for your student loan payments
Assume the rest for everything else.

Would that put you in the 1%? Yes, but on the VERY LOW end of the 1%. The average income for the 1% in 2009 was roughly $950k.

Man, some people just don't get it. Do you not realize that the ability to put 20% of your post tax income EVERY month of your LIFE into retirement savings AND mortage (considering this a solid amount of money giving you a presumably nice house) is ridiculously well off? AND you have lots left over for COL. This is why people making average-modest money in this country hate you. You think that living comfortably, while having nice house, nice car, nice 401k, is not great because you cannot drop 35K a year on superfluous crap (a lot of doctors can probably get away with this anyway). It's funny how I think I have seen you say in other threads that people need perspective about money and you CLEARLY have it.
In before liveyourdreams2 states he makes 200k+/year. I really just don't care. If you make 5M/year and your thought process is this screwed up, your opinion is completely irrelevant.

By the way, 950k/year for top 1%? Not even close idiot. I'm pretty sure it was between 350-400 (380 if I recall correctly). And solid math on 18.9Kx2=16K. We can all see why you can accomplish anything with your enormous salary.

Blonde girls suck, brunette is the way to go.

Is there really a girl who straight up has sunshine yellow "blonde" hair? Every girl I met that was "blonde" had to dye their hair (It's always dirty blonde hair that they originally have)

Boy do you have a lot of learning to do. I feel sorry for whatever financial mess you are going to get into later in life.

Maybe you should actually educate yourself.

You're not giving much of an argument dude.

You come off as a whiny nerd whose angry at the world. Probably because even the fat neighbor girl won't take a second look at him.

I imagine you look something like this.

south+park.jpg

He's from the misc, your assumption is probably wrong.

Nice educated response you got there.

People like him have no idea what they are talking about. Their are a bunch of liberal hippies who think that everything should be handed to them on a silver platter without doing any work.

Status
Not open for further replies.