Loma Linda University 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buzz12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying here?
I just received my supplemental invite a couple of days ago. Anyone know if we should or shouldn't upload a picture?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone applying here?
I just received my supplemental invite a couple of days ago. Anyone know if we should or shouldn't upload a picture?

:)
I did , your application wont be complete without one.(I guess)

actually it's voluntary if you want to or not,but you probably should

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my supplementary and when I clicked on "check status" there's this document called " SP Prerequisite Records Form (PDF*)" are we supposed to fill that out now and send it to them?

Thanks!

yes we are suppose to fill it out and email it in.

Anyone know when interviews are sent out?

Hey for the SP Prerequisite Records Form, it asks for our LLU ID, and my question is where do we find this?

when you log in (to the website that we submit the supp) it should be on top right hand

alright and another question, I took biochem twice with grades C- and A-. Would I report both or just the highest one?

Anyone know when interviews are sent out?
I called them yesterday... they said they are reviewing the applications now and put them aside and they will send the invitations after Nov 1.....

does the financial aid app have to be completed in order for our application to be considered "complete" or can we do it another time?

thanks!

I received an interview invitation through the phone. They called me and had a couple of dates that I could select for an interview (all weekdays). Mine is scheduled for this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invitation through the phone. They called me and had a couple of dates that I could select for an interview (all weekdays). Mine is scheduled for this week.

congrats! do you mind sharing your stats please?

Sure, I have a 3.80 Overall GPA, 3.75 science GPA, I have a little more than a year of retail pharmacy experience and a year and a half of organic chemistry research experience. I also have held leadership positions and have extracurriculars too.

any new interviews anyone?
i haven't heard anything from them lol

Sure, I have a 3.80 Overall GPA, 3.75 science GPA, I have a little more than a year of retail pharmacy experience and a year and a half of organic chemistry research experience. I also have held leadership positions and have extracurriculars too.

How did ur interview go?

How did ur interview go?

It was pretty relaxed for the most part. The first writing portion was very simple, one page max. Then I had 2 one-on-one interviews with 2 separate faculty. The first faculty member was super nice and it didn't even seem like an interview, just a conversation. The second professor was also nice, but a bit more intimidating, because he wanted to make sure I knew exactly what Loma Linda is about (i.e their purpose statement) and why you would want to go there over all the other schools. As long as you can talk about your experiences and your motivation to go there, you should be fine. Then you end the day by watching a 30 minute video. I was also the only one that interviewed that day so that was kind of unique.

It was pretty relaxed for the most part. The first writing portion was very simple, one page max. Then I had 2 one-on-one interviews with 2 separate faculty. The first faculty member was super nice and it didn't even seem like an interview, just a conversation. The second professor was also nice, but a bit more intimidating, because he wanted to make sure I knew exactly what Loma Linda is about (i.e their purpose statement) and why you would want to go there over all the other schools. As long as you can talk about your experiences and your motivation to go there, you should be fine. Then you end the day by watching a 30 minute video. I was also the only one that interviewed that day so that was kind of unique.
Nice I wish u a good luck... did they tell u when u gonne hear the result ?

i just got an interview like 20 mins ago!
They called with a 909 number! :)

Nice Congratz, I have a question...On Nov 2 I received an email that they said , we received all of the required materials and we finished the initial review of ur application , if we selected u for an interview we will contact u....did u receive such email like this

Nice Congratz, I have a question...On Nov 2 I received an email that they said , we received all of the required materials and we finished the initial review of ur application , if we selected u for an interview we will contact u....did u receive such email like this

yes i did receive an email like that. I think i got it earlier than Nov 2 though. Maybe in September I think? I'm not 100% when.

yes i did receive an email like that. I think i got it earlier than Nov 2 though. Maybe in September I think? I'm not 100% when.
Oh nice good to know bc I thought they mean they are not interested in me .....

Oh nice good to know bc I thought they mean they are not interested in me .....

No, i'm sure they will like you =) I think it's their way of telling us that they received all of our paperwork already

I believe that interviews are being sent out now. I just received good news yesterday am scheduled for one soon.

Hi everyone! I just got a call from admissions notifying me that I was accepted!! However, I am most likely going to decline as I got into USC which is one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing and applying!

Hi everyone! I just got a call from admissions notifying me that I was accepted!! However, I am most likely going to decline as I got into USC which is one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing and applying!
When did you got a call for acceptance? When did you interview?

I got a acceptance call today too~!!
Good luck to everyone who is applying~!!

Im in the class of 2015. I me and my fellow classmate interviewed the last week of november and didnt get the acceptance call until late febuary.

So no need to panic just just yet. A few students got the call like the week before also. Pretty much if you dont get the dreaded letter about a month after your interview then your probably ok.

Im in the class of 2015. I me and my fellow classmate interviewed the last week of november and didnt get the acceptance call until late febuary.

So no need to panic just just yet. A few students got the call like the week before also. Pretty much if you dont get the dreaded letter about a month after your interview then your probably ok.
I haven't heard anything from them eaither ,even not call for interview... should I be worried about it..I have good GPA 3.55 AND 3.4 pre pharm ..I thought I would get interview atleast.....Does any one know how many people got interview so far...:xf:

I haven't heard anything from them eaither ,even not call for interview... should I be worried about it..I have good GPA 3.55 AND 3.4 pre pharm ..I thought I would get interview atleast.....Does any one know how many people got interview so far...:xf:

With grades like that you should be ok. It will then go down to your letters and essay.
I had a low GPA all around, 3.2

Got my interview invite yesterday! Will be going in on Tuesday Morning on the 17th!! For those of you that have been through the LOMA LINDA interview process...any tips and advice on particular types of questions they ask? Like do they put an emphasis on behavioral questions or like spiritual questions being that it is an SDA school. Also if anyone would just give me any info that would be helpful during the interview that would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

With grades like that you should be ok. It will then go down to your letters and essay.
I had a low GPA all around, 3.2
oh thanks , I think I messed up in the letter of rec that supplemental asked for ...

Have any of the December interviewees heard anything yet? Or when the admission committee meets in January?:confused:

Just got an interview invite :)

Last edited:
Got the Acceptance call today! Good luck everyone!

Got the Acceptance call today! Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! I just interviewed this morning!! crossing my fingers! :) care to share who you interviewed with and also how long they took to get back to you with a response? thank you!

can u guys share if the interview was open file (as in they had ur application + grades) or closed file?

Congrats!! I just interviewed this morning!! crossing my fingers! :) care to share who you interviewed with and also how long they took to get back to you with a response? thank you!

It was with two professors, both were really laid back and the interview felt like more of a conversation than grilling. I had my interview mid December, so it took about a month. I think because of the holidays coming back to back that it took awhile.

can u guys share if the interview was open file (as in they had ur application + grades) or closed file?

It was closed file when I interviewed...my two interviewers had nothing but a pencil and notepad infront of them.