Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbo0429

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying here this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to LLU. Thanks for starting a thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys heard anything from them yet?

No not yet. I received an email four weeks ago saying that they have all the application materials. But, after that it has been pretty quiet.

Hey guys! I have an LOR question. Is a LOR from a pharmacist required? The website says that it is recommended but not required. But I'm still iffy about it.I have a joint letter from a volunteer supervisor and the pharmacist I shadowed. I'm not sure if LLU will accept it. I would call and ask but its already late. I hope someone can get back to me about this. Thank you

Hey guys! I have an LOR question. Is a LOR from a pharmacist required? The website says that it is recommended but not required. But I'm still iffy about it.I have a joint letter from a volunteer supervisor and the pharmacist I shadowed. I'm not sure if LLU will accept it. I would call and ask but its already late. I hope someone can get back to me about this. Thank you

I would definately help if you have a pharmacist writing you a letter of recommendation. But, like it says it is recommended but NOT required. If it makes you feel better - I did not have a letter from a pharmacist but my application status is complete.

Same here. I don't think it's a big deal as long as the letters that you do have are strong.

I would definately help if you have a pharmacist writing you a letter of recommendation. But, like it says it is recommended but NOT required. If it makes you feel better - I did not have a letter from a pharmacist but my application status is complete.

Hey how many LOR did you all put up on the app?

Are any of you guys seventh day adventists? On loma lindas website it says they give preference to members. Also has anyone gotten invites for interviews yet? If so what are your stats?

I put a total of 4 as well.

They haven't begun interview invites yet, have they?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys keep a look out for phone calls and mail for denial or interview appointments. I got my denial letter today :(

Hey guys keep a look out for phone calls and mail for denial or interview appointments. I got my denial letter today :(

I'm so sorry. :( Would you please share your stats if you don't mind? Now, I'm so afraid of checking the mail box.

I'm so sorry. :( Would you please share your stats if you don't mind? Now, I'm so afraid of checking the mail box.

Don't worry it's because I didn't have a letter of req from a spiritual person.

Got a call for an interview this afternoon! It shows up as a Redlands number just FYI.

Can I ask when you sent your supplemental in?
My app just got confirmation of being completed...
Also if possible, can you list your stats??

Got a call for an interview this afternoon! It shows up as a Redlands number just FYI.

Me, too! Super excited to go to the interview. But, mine was from a different area code than the redlands... weird.

Last edited:
Can I ask when you sent your supplemental in?
My app just got confirmation of being completed...
Also if possible, can you list your stats??

I sent my supplemental early September.

I didn't send in my supp till the end of August, because that's when they sent it to me.
I don't think stats are hugely important for this school, as it seems like they are the type of school that really takes the entire person into consideration (as long as you meet the minimum requirements, of course). I have an average GPA and I'm not even SDA, but I put a lot of work into showing my character through the writing portions.

I hope I hear from them...hopefully good news. I hate the waiting game...
me toooo! i hope i get an interview, i wonder if all the interview invites for the first day have all been sent out?

good luck everyone!

I was just invited for an interview a couple of days ago. Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed applicants typically get in for this school? Also, how should I prep for the interview?

I was just invited for an interview a couple of days ago. Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed applicants typically get in for this school? Also, how should I prep for the interview?

I also got a call a few days ago. I don't know the percentage of interviewed applicants but you can prepare for the interview by going through the questions on interview feedback.

When is your interview? How was it?

It was right after thanksgiving. There were only three of us interviewing that day (I'm not sure if that's typical of their interview groups or not). Everyone there is ridiculously nice! You do a writing portion, then two one-on-one interviews, then building tour, and a info/Q&A session. The interviews themselves depend largely on who interviews you. My first one was pretty standard, asking the same questions as on the interview feedback section of this forum. The second one was way informal, and we ended up just joking around the whole time and he had only asked me two or three of the "real" questions when our time was up.

They don't schedule a campus tour as part of the interview process, but they were happy to set us up with the campus tour services once the day was over. It's a general tour so it's not geared towards pharmacy students, but it's still a great way to see what the campus has to offer (which is a lot, by the way).

Overall, very nice school, very nice people, and very chill interiew day. I was offered admission yesterday :)

Straight from their FAQ section. Doesn't EXACTLY answer your question, but should give you an idea:

"How many applications do you receive? How many students do you accept per year?
On average, we receive 750 - 850 completed applications. The class size is 85 students."

Oh yeah but you don't get to meet any current students though! This is the only school I've been to that doesn't do this, and it's always helpful to have current students' spin on things.

Oh yeah but you don't get to meet any current students though! This is the only school I've been to that doesn't do this, and it's always helpful to have current students' spin on things.

Congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks.
Overall gpa: 3.8, science gpa: 3.8
1.5 yrs of pharmacy volunteer experience
1 yr of research experience
4 letters of rec. ( non from a pharmacist)
3 yrs of other volunteer experience not related to pharmacy.

I hope this helps.

Hey guys i have been offered an interview in early January. To those who have been interviewed i am wondering about the content of the writing sample during the interview

Hi everyone,
I'm currently a P1 at Loma Linda U. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

when did loma linda day they will let December interviewees know if they got in?

got my acceptance call today! so excited!!! see you there! yayyyyy :p

For those who got accepted, when was your interview date and accepted date?

Does anyone know if they have any more interview dates?

Hi all, Is there any Facebook page for accepted students?

what was your interview like? what kinds of questions did they ask?

Interview was pretty relaxing. Unlike other Pharm Schools, they don't invite a lot of students at once and go through interview after interview. In fact, you might be the only candidate there during the interview process.

Check the SDN interview section for interview questions.