Loma Linda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pchsgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any strong opinions about Loma Linda. I've been accepted there (no, I'm not 7th Day Adventist) and waitlisted at my #1 choice. I really liked the school and everything, but I haven't seen anyone talking about it in these threads. I'm just trying to decide what to do if I don't get in off the waitlist at my 1st choice. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pchsgirl said:
Just wondering if anyone has any strong opinions about Loma Linda. I've been accepted there (no, I'm not 7th Day Adventist) and waitlisted at my #1 choice. I really liked the school and everything, but I haven't seen anyone talking about it in these threads. I'm just trying to decide what to do if I don't get in off the waitlist at my 1st choice. Thanks!

1st: Congrats! Many of us are waiting to even hear from LLU. Were you wailisted initially? When did you get accepted?

2nd: You haven't seen many people talk about LLU on here because many SDNers are either anti-religion, or anti- everything LLU stands for (chapel services, no smoking/alcohol/pre-marital sex...) even though it is a wonderful school.

3rd: At our interview, Dr. Hadley boasted that LLU students are among the best clinically trained students in CA (Kind of like BU for Mass.). They also have funded international mission trips (my fav!) traditional style curriculum (whih I love), and a really great student body) The only downside for me was a campus that looked like it was built in the early 1900s... which it was :p I like modernity in buildings because that means they are earthquake safe :)

May I ask what your number 1 school is?

Congrats on a coveted LLU spot!

Hey Pchsgirl, I am also curious when you were accepted. I've been waiting post-interview almost 4 months and still haven't heard anything. :(

I think it's a good school especially if you eventually want to practice in CA. As SC said, since it incorporates Christian teachings in its curriculum, many SDNers are turned off by it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seventh Day Adventist is a relatively conservative denomination, but there is strong focus in healthy lifestyle--No coffee, coke, alcohol, cigarette, etc. Growing up as a SDA, I was told that watching movies is a "bad" (not neccessarily sinful) thing.

When the application process comes, I know that Loma Linda won't be a place for me...I've become too secular after my undergrad days at UCLA...I applied to there on AMCAS, but it's also the only place I didn't return the secondary.

Thanks Spitting Camel! I actually got accepted right away, back in February, which surprised the heck out of me. I didn't really think I had a chance, I just applied there because it was my favorite boss's alma mater. But I was pleasantly surprised by the staff & students at my interview. I also found out that there are plenty of non-SDA students, and didn't feel bad at all for not being religious. I do agree with you about the old buildings, though! Anyway, OHSU is my first choice. I'm from Portland, just built a house here, my husband works here, and my whole family is here. So it would be really hard to leave. I've even debated withdrawing from Loma Linda if I don't get in off the waitlist, although I know that's a stupid thing to do. I know it's a good school, I'm just not sure on my course of action right now.

Pchsgirl said:
Thanks Spitting Camel! I actually got accepted right away, back in February, which surprised the heck out of me. I didn't really think I had a chance, I just applied there because it was my favorite boss's alma mater. But I was pleasantly surprised by the staff & students at my interview. I also found out that there are plenty of non-SDA students, and didn't feel bad at all for not being religious. I do agree with you about the old buildings, though! Anyway, OHSU is my first choice. I'm from Portland, just built a house here, my husband works here, and my whole family is here. So it would be really hard to leave. I've even debated withdrawing from Loma Linda if I don't get in off the waitlist, although I know that's a stupid thing to do. I know it's a good school, I'm just not sure on my course of action right now.

I interviewed there in February too! I was there february 10th, how about you? We may have seen each other!! Good luck in your waitlist and decisions. Just built a house... that's a tough call...

I have a friend who goes there. She's Presbyterian, and she loves it. The only thing she's a bit iffy on is avoiding coffee, and if that's as bad as it gets, well, so be it.

Loma Linda apparently has a pretty decent matchlist, too.

I've been studying with a bunch of LLU people while home in Redlands. They are at ALL the Starbucks I go to. Like the plague.

But they really like it there. They don't like the curriculum to much (at least not after I got done with them) They did complain that a lot of people drop out each year. But they really love the students there and love the surrounding area. Do you guys have any questions you want me to ask them???

Spitting Camel said:
2nd: You haven't seen many people talk about LLU on here because many SDNers are either anti-religion, or anti- everything LLU stands for (chapel services, no smoking/alcohol/pre-marital sex...) even though it is a wonderful school.

No smoking, drinking, or pre-marital sex? Just exactly how does that school expect their students to relieve their stress from the demands of med school? :scared:

Jalby said:
I've been studying with a bunch of LLU people while home in Redlands. They are at ALL the Starbucks I go to. Like the plague.

But they really like it there. They don't like the curriculum to much (at least not after I got done with them) They did complain that a lot of people drop out each year. But they really love the students there and love the surrounding area. Do you guys have any questions you want me to ask them???

I'm pm-ing you a personal question...

Alexander99 said:
No smoking, drinking, or pre-marital sex? Just exactly how does that school expect their students to relieve their stress from the demands of med school? :scared:
reading their favorite bible verses. Duh!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Spitting Camel said:
I'm pm-ing you a personal question...
No, I will not have sex with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jalby said:
No, I will not have sex with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of ways to relieve stress that don't involve playing Russian roulette with your life (pre-marital sex/drugs) or compromising your health (pre-marital sex/drugs/alcohol/smoking).

I've promised myself (again) that I will start working out while in med school, even if for just 2-3 days a week. That should de-stress me!

Jalby said:
reading their favorite bible verses. Duh!!!

:laugh: Sounds like a blast! Where can I sign up? I personally liked the verses where it talks about the wrath of god and how he had a habit of striking people dead when they didn't respect him. I think reading about that is stress relief.

I defiled a thread about a christian medical school. Shame on me. My parents are missionaries, too.

My favorites:

Leviticus 25:44 which states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.

2. Exodus 21:7 which says I can sell my daughter into slavery

3. No contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness. (Lev.15:19-24)

4. People who work on the Sabbath shall be put to death, as in Exodus 35:2. My neighbor has had problems with me when I have tried to smite him last Sunday.

5. One of the reasons I don't each seafood.(Lev. 11:10)

6. Lev. 21:20 which states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. Luckily I'm 20/20 with my new glasses

7. You knwo those dreads Jewish people have coming from their temples?? That's because we can't cut that hairLev. 19:27

8. Lev 11:6-8 states that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean. Luckily I wore gloves throughout my football career

Those Bible references are hilarious! What's funny about the Bible is that there is so much content that you can pretty much find a verse to justify or condemn anything.

The main problem I have with Christianity (especially Catholicism) is that you can pretty much live your life any way you want (be a murderer, rapist, etc) but as long as you "truly" repent in the end and have faith in Christ, you go to heaven (because the path to salvation is through faith and not actions, right?)

That's the reason why all the mobsters were/are Catholics (aside from their being Italian.) They blow people away for a living but on their deathbed, they get their last rites and it's all good: they're in heaven with all their mobster buddies and stripper girlfriends! Who wouldn't want to be a Catholic mobster? :p

Alexander99 said:
The main problem I have with Christianity (especially Catholicism) is that you can pretty much live your life any way you want (be a murderer, rapist, etc) but as long as you "truly" repent in the end and have faith in Christ, you go to heaven (because the path to salvation is through faith and not actions, right?)
Actually Alexander this is not true. Catholics are the Christians who believe that you go to heaven by your faith AND BY YOUR ACTIONS. I hope that you do not continue to spread misinformation about the Catholic faith when it appears you do not know too much about it.

Other Christian denomations believe that you are saved by faith alone but Catholicism is unique in that they don't believe this.

Anyways, I hope we may stop the Christian bashing and talk about the topic at hand.

Adapt said:
Actually Alexander this is not true. Catholics are the Christians who believe that you go to heaven by your faith AND BY YOUR ACTIONS. I hope that you do not continue to spread misinformation about the Catholic faith when it appears you do not know too much about it.

Other Christian denomations believe that you are saved by faith alone but Catholicism is unique in that they don't believe this.

Anyways, I hope we may stop the Christian bashing and talk about the topic at hand.

you are correct. :)

Adapt said:

Great school, but I withdrew because: #1 I want to have a glass of wine every now and again. #2 I will probably screw up and bring some beef jerky in my lunch some day #3 Religion should not dominate a scientific decision.

I know plenty of people that go there and enjoy it, while keeping thier infractions secret, I just can't do that morally if that is the way they want to run their school.

trauma_junky said:
Great school, but I withdrew because: #1 I want to have a glass of wine every now and again. #2 I will probably screw up and bring some beef jerky in my lunch some day #3 Religion should not dominate a scientific decision.

I know plenty of people that go there and enjoy it, while keeping thier infractions secret, I just can't do that morally if that is the way they want to run their school.

I think the rules hold out for when you are on campus or something like that. You can eat and drink what you want, just not while you're on campus. You will never find meat, pepper, or whatever else served in any LLU affiliated establishments. I don't know how the bedroom police thing works out, but anyone doing drugs shouldn't be in med school anyway. I also think you can smoke while off campus/in your home, just not on campus grounds.

Jalby... Can you ask for us? :)

I already know this answer. It pertains to your life as a whole. No going to Vegas, clubs, etc, etc

Wow, I hadn't read the thread since Friday, those were some pretty great tangents! I think that the whole religion thing is only as serious as you want to take it. When I went down there I was really worried about it, because I'm sooo not religious (although I was raised that way). I had a preconceived notion in my head that it was going to be a ridiculously churchy place, and I would hate it. But it wasn't like that at all. I stayed with a LLU student for my interview who is also non-SDA and ended up hanging out with them and their friends. I went to the coffee shop to study with them, and then we went to the bar for a beer afterwards. After that I knew that I could handle it! If I end up matriculating there, I will live my own life, how I want to. For me it's not a matter of rebelling against the church, condemning their beliefs, or anything like that. They can have their beliefs & lifestyle, and I can have mine. As long as I get a quality education I don't care. That's the point here, an education! Along those lines, how about match rates and some other stats? Anyone?

No smoking, drinking, or pre-marital sex? Just exactly how does that school expect their students to relieve their stress from the demands of med school?

Been couped up in a city for too long, haven't you? How about skiing, working out, taking up a sport, dating (or is that too old-fashioned?), boating, fishing, hiking, backpacking, gardening, surfing, snowboarding, reading a book for pleasure...

I find it a bit odd how people have always been so obsessed with losing their sense of perception when they're out for a good time.

What's funny about the Bible is that there is so much content that you can pretty much find a verse to justify or condemn anything.

I think you're simplifying theology a bit here.

For instance, having true faith would lead to action, wouldn't it? I notice you put "truly" in quotation marks. And you're the first to catch on to this , including a long-line of church thinkers, theologians, priests, preachers, and laymen?

I think your problem with Christianity is that you do not understand it. Not that I do. Or that many who have studied it for years will admit as much.

I'm not a Christian yet, though I'm leaning that way. There's actually a very elegant system of theology at work within the church, one that I don't think you're being wholly honest about.

you can pretty much live your life any way you want

So from the testimony of the New Testament, the life of Christ, and the emphasis on faith, hope, and particularly love, you would not accept someone who was truly repentent for their actions, who sought out a relationship with God, and who wished to share that love he found in creation with those around him, just because that one person had committed a crime in his past? No apologies accepted? No recognition of past mistakes acceptable? No coming to terms with one's faults and weaknesses? No valiant effort to overcome them enough? This does not sit well with the message of Christ.

Just "You screwed up once, so I don't care about you anymore." By that logic, no one would be reunified with God. Hence the emphasis on humility in all circles of Christian theology.

SlopinMunkyDude said:
Been couped up in a city for too long, haven't you? How about skiing, working out, taking up a sport, dating (or is that too old-fashioned?), boating, fishing, hiking, backpacking, gardening, surfing, snowboarding, reading a book for pleasure...

I find it a bit odd how people have always been so obsessed with losing their sense of perception when they're out for a good time.

I think you're simplifying theology a bit here.

For instance, having true faith would lead to action, wouldn't it? I notice you put "truly" in quotation marks. And you're the first to catch on to this , including a long-line of church thinkers, theologians, priests, preachers, and laymen?

I think your problem with Christianity is that you do not understand it. Not that I do. Or that many who have studied it for years will admit as much.

I'm not a Christian yet, though I'm leaning that way. There's actually a very elegant system of theology at work within the church, one that I don't think you're being wholly honest about.

So from the testimony of the New Testament, the life of Christ, and the emphasis on faith, hope, and particularly love, you would not accept someone who was truly repentent for their actions, who sought out a relationship with God, and who wished to share that love he found in creation with those around him, just because that one person had committed a crime in his past? No apologies accepted? No recognition of past mistakes acceptable? No coming to terms with one's faults and weaknesses? No valiant effort to overcome them enough? This does not sit well with the message of Christ.

Just "You screwed up once, so I don't care about you anymore." By that logic, no one would be reunified with God. Hence the emphasis on humility in all circles of Christian theology.

That was beautifully said. Makes me think a little... :(

SlopinMunkyDude said:

I guess if you consider San Diego a city, then yeah, I've been "stuck in a city" for a while. Sorry dude but I already work out a lot and have other hobbies but I still need my wine and women. :thumbup:

I think that line alone should reveal the reality that we'll probably have very little we'll agree on so I'll end this conversation here.

I will say this though. If someone raped or murdered someone that was important to me, I don't give a damn how much they say they're sorry. I'd wanna watch them fry.

For anyone that argues against me on this, I ask you whether you've had someone you care about raped or murdered. If not, then you should probably realize that your ideals concerning the issue are probably highly idealized. It's easy to be anti-death penalty when you've never had a loved one raped or murdered. I would only respect someone that's about forgiveness if they've been put in a position to have to forgive.

Congrats to those of you that have been accepted at LLU SM, you will love it. We do have some issues, but after talking to many friends, I think all med schools do. Our school traditionally places more emphasis on the student and less on numbers, and yet year in and year out we turn out great doctors with high board scores. All of the class of 2005 passed step 1 and the average was just over 230-not bad for a school that accepts lower than average MCATs! Though we do have religion classes and "chapel" once weekly it is a very low stress, interactive environs that places more emphasis on ethics than Bible thumping. We drink coffee (instructors/staff don't check the coffee status) and no one checks our lunch. We do abstain from smoking and alcohol (I'm sure there are undercover users). If any of you have a true desire to learn more about the school just email me.

Having talked to your classmates over the last two weeks in Starbucks, that's not what I heard your USMLE average was. They told me it was just above average. You sure your numbers are right??

Yes Jalby I'm sure...must you always be a troll sir. Our average last year was somewhere between 230-235...albeit according to administration (I'm sure you'll come up with some grand conspiracy theory). I'm unsure what the exact figure was.

The Falconer said:
Yes Jalby I'm sure...must you always be a troll sir. Our average last year was somewhere between 230-235...albeit according to administration (I'm sure you'll come up with some grand conspiracy theory). I'm unsure what the exact figure was.

I'm sorry, but when the top schools in the nation with 36 average MCAT's is getting a 230 average board score, I find it very hard to believe the LLU is able to achieve that considering many different things (curriculum that hasn't changed in 30 years, the fact 20-30 people drop out of each class, etc, etc) I mean, the fact that that many people drop out a year shows that there are people who would be scoring just above the cutoff on the boards, so you would need a ton of 250's to average that out. (2.5 people have to score a 250 to average out one barely passing. A 250 is 97.5 percentile) I'm sorry, it's just not believable. I'll check with my family friends and see if they know Loma Linda's average, but 230-235 is just unbelievable.

Sorry. I think most reasonable people would agree with Jalby on this one. There's no way LLU students' performance on the Step I can match that of U Penn, Wash U, etc students.

That'd be the equivalent of taking a college with students that had an SAT average ~1200 and somehow making it so they have a higher average on the MCAT than a college with an SAT average ~1400. There's just no way.

The Falconer said:
Congrats to those of you that have been accepted at LLU SM, you will love it. We do have some issues, but after talking to many friends, I think all med schools do. Our school traditionally places more emphasis on the student and less on numbers, and yet year in and year out we turn out great doctors with high board scores. All of the class of 2005 passed step 1 and the average was just over 230-not bad for a school that accepts lower than average MCATs! Though we do have religion classes and "chapel" once weekly it is a very low stress, interactive environs that places more emphasis on ethics than Bible thumping. We drink coffee (instructors/staff don't check the coffee status) and no one checks our lunch. We do abstain from smoking and alcohol (I'm sure there are undercover users). If any of you have a true desire to learn more about the school just email me.

Falconer... I have 1 question... can you go the adcom and tell them to accept me?! On a more serious note... how soon would I be able to find housing if I were to be accepted late June/July? Is it difficult? I noticed the rent in the area is really cheap (which is GREAT!) There is NO way I can live in a studio! Do you live off campus? If so, where is the best place/the place where most students live?

I have a feeling they like to accept non-trads/older applicants because they have a lower chance of violating the schools guidlines. Do you think I may be right with that? I mean, if you're married, pre-marital sex is out. If you have kids, chances are you won't be drinking or smoking around them. Can you tell I'm trying to rationalize not being accepted? hehe...

Also, 20-30 people a year drop out of LLU?!? Can that be? What is LLU doing wrong? Maybe if they accepted me, only 19-29 people would drop out!

Jalby, did you ask my question to your friends?

Finding housing around here is easy and it's very cheap. You don't need to worry

And Spitting, I havn't run into any Loma Lindaers lately. I've been over at University of Redlands trying to get my freak on while studying. (It's encouraged over there)

So could someone clue me in on what exactly Loma Linda requires? I see you don't have to be SDA, but are students still required to attend church servies/religion classes? And as far as the restrictions go (no alcohol/smoking/coffee...), what or who enforces them? I'm considering applying here and would love to hear from someone about this. Thanks!

to jalby et al.........we dont have 20-30 people drop out each year...last year i think theyre were around 8-10 and for varied reasons, this year its lower, and once again for varied reasons.....its apparent that a minority of you are unwilling to even think that Loma Linda is a good school....keep in mind that we have many, many people in our class that came from undergrads like Hopkins, Brown, Stanford, and even a few Yales and Harvards...don't think just because its a "religious" school that dumb people go there.....we too have out fair share of high MCAT scores (though our average is lower). remember averages are averages... The misinformation out there about LLU SM is amazing! Bottom line is that LLU is known for breaking the low MCAT=low step 1 thought process....accept the fact that LLU SM is a good school, accept the fact that yours has its faults just like LLU SM and you may be happier people. Get out of the gunner mentality that the extra small percent you get on the boards makes you a better doctor-it may, but it may not. Bottom line believe me or not...I'm sure the stats are public somewhere for last year's class...go find them! Don't worry, be happy!

The Falconer said:
to jalby et al.........we dont have 20-30 people drop out each year...last year i think theyre were around 8-10 and for varied reasons, this year its lower, and once again for varied reasons.....its apparent that a minority of you are unwilling to even think that Loma Linda is a good school....keep in mind that we have many, many people in our class that came from undergrads like Hopkins, Brown, Stanford, and even a few Yales and Harvards...don't think just because its a "religious" school that dumb people go there.....we too have out fair share of high MCAT scores (though our average is lower). remember averages are averages... The misinformation out there about LLU SM is amazing! Bottom line is that LLU is known for breaking the low MCAT=low step 1 thought process....accept the fact that LLU SM is a good school, accept the fact that yours has its faults just like LLU SM and you may be happier people. Get out of the gunner mentality that the extra small percent you get on the boards makes you a better doctor-it may, but it may not. Bottom line believe me or not...I'm sure the stats are public somewhere for last year's class...go find them! Don't worry, be happy!

I tried to find the stats anywhere on LLU's website. I couldn't find them. As for the number of people dropping out from each class, I got that number from someone from your class who did drop out.

And I never said Loma Linda is a bad school. I actually like it and one of the few people who every year when some pre-med finds out it is a religous school who defends it's right to choose who you want. But I couldn't let an absolutely rediculous claim go bye without calling it out.

Was the claim that the year in and year out average was ~235 or just for one year? I don't believe for a second that over a 5-10 year period LLU put up a ~235 average, but in any given year it's certainly possible. With small schools it's even more possible, especially if a few of the weaker students drop out before step1. School close to me had this situation- low mcat averages but one year they put up a step 1 average score over 230. I'm sure that's not their 5 year average though.

meanderson said:
Was the claim that the year in and year out average was ~235 or just for one year? I don't believe for a second that over a 5-10 year period LLU put up a ~235 average, but in any given year it's certainly possible. With small schools it's even more possible, especially if a few of the weaker students drop out before step1. School close to me had this situation- low mcat averages but one year they put up a step 1 average score over 230. I'm sure that's not their 5 year average though.
From what I understand, Loma Linda does weed out students who don't do well...probably not a lot, like a few per year. So the environment is more intense than at schools where it's pretty hard to fail, or even if you fail, they let you retake the classes instead of kicking you out.

Even if it is for one year, I can't believe it. I'm guessing the real (10 year) average would be about 215. A 20 point jump with a class that starts out with 165 students is almost impossible.

Pchsgirl said:
Wow, I hadn't read the thread since Friday, those were some pretty great tangents! I think that the whole religion thing is only as serious as you want to take it. When I went down there I was really worried about it, because I'm sooo not religious (although I was raised that way). I had a preconceived notion in my head that it was going to be a ridiculously churchy place, and I would hate it. But it wasn't like that at all. I stayed with a LLU student for my interview who is also non-SDA and ended up hanging out with them and their friends. I went to the coffee shop to study with them, and then we went to the bar for a beer afterwards. After that I knew that I could handle it! If I end up matriculating there, I will live my own life, how I want to. For me it's not a matter of rebelling against the church, condemning their beliefs, or anything like that. They can have their beliefs & lifestyle, and I can have mine. As long as I get a quality education I don't care. That's the point here, an education! Along those lines, how about match rates and some other stats? Anyone?

Pchsgrl,

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get an interview and acceptance without being religious in any way? I was under the impression that you needed to be a Christian if you weren't SDA. Did they ask you any questions about your faith, or just your moral values? Thanks!

I'm not exactly un-religious, I was raised Catholic. After I moved away to college I stopped practicing, and now I consider myself pretty much a nothing. I don't go to church, but I also don't make fun or condemn those who do. Loma Linda takes non-religious as well as just non-SDA students. I think they're trying to get some diversity in this aspect. I was very open about my life and practices, including writing in my secondary that I'm a social drinker (if I had to lie to get in, I didn't want to go there). My interviewers never asked about alcohol, and only asked one question about my religion. They asked if being raised Catholic would interfere with my practices as a physician (strict Catholics don't like birth control, abortions, etc). I just explained to him that I'm non-practicing and don't buy into a log of the dogmas anyway, so it would not affect how I practice. Anyway, I hope that helps. I really don't think LLU is as fanatical as all the anti-religion folks make it out to be.

Pchsgirl said:
They asked if being raised Catholic would interfere with my practices as a physician (strict Catholics don't like birth control, abortions, etc). I just explained to him that I'm non-practicing and don't buy into a log of the dogmas anyway, so it would not affect how I practice.
Interesting. I'm Catholic but wasn't asked this question. To clarify some of what you said, SDAs believe abortion is wrong just like Catholics. SDAs do believe that in cases of rape or when the woman's life is endanger it may be ok to have an abortion. SDAs do see some forms of birth control like spermicide or condoms acceptable for use only when married while Catholics are generally against all forms of birth control.

I found this information on the Seventh Day Adventist official website.
http://www.adventist.org/

I am a bit suprised that you mentioned the fact about not buying into dogmas at your interview. All denominations of Christianity are pretty much made up of a set of dogmas and as Christians that is what we believe.

As far as the LLU scores, Falconer I believe them. At my interview I remember Dr. Hadley did say LLU students do well on the boards and surpass other Cali students in certain areas such as in clinical rotations.

Adapt said:
I am a bit suprised that you mentioned the fact about not buying into dogmas at your interview. All denominations of Christianity are pretty much made up of a set of dogmas and as Christians that is what we believe.

I didn't say that I think all Christian/Catholic dogmas are crap, or anything like that, I just stated that I don't agree with some of them. What I like about Christianity are the morals: helping others, tolerance (although some Christians aren't so good at this one when it comes to lifestyles other than their own), kindness & compassion, etc. What I don't particularly care for is when groups interpret these morals and try to tell people how to live according to these morals. I think that someone that has premarital sex, drinks, is homosexual, or has had an abortion can still be a good person. But that's just my opinion, right or wrong. I was honest about my interpretation of morality, and it didn't seem to bother them. I'd rather be open about it than lie in my interview and know that the person that got accepted isn't actually me, but the stereotype that I thought they wanted see.

okay so i have to eat a bit of crow on this one, but not much....i checked with the dean's office and last years average was 225.....so it was a bit off......however still above average.....i'm sure the average for the past 5 or ten years isn't that high...we have been getting progressively better year by year.....ill skip all of the religious talk because in this forum someone will seemingly always get rude about it or put down someone for their beliefs-why cant we just respect one another for our differences and be done with it? just a thought

so i read some of the above posts and feel the need to comment on them...oh jalby....excellent selection on the book of the day...costanzo rocks.......LLU does give preference to SDAs....but we have a whole bunch of non-SDAs as well.......our school does weed as we go.......they're are several classes that you must pass...or retake the next year.....im not sure how other schools work on this aspect......several of our drop-outs either recycle-or head off to the other side of the campus (dentistry)...i do think LLUs scores are progressing up as we go.....I think the stereotypes most hold about LLU scores are based on years gone by when they may have not been so hot...once again if anyone has any questions email me privately...i'll email you back while i eat my roast beef sandwich with mustard and pepper...along with my mountain dew (hahahahaha)

The Falconer said:
so i read some of the above posts and feel the need to comment on them...oh jalby....excellent selection on the book of the day...costanzo rocks.......LLU does give preference to SDAs....but we have a whole bunch of non-SDAs as well.......our school does weed as we go.......they're are several classes that you must pass...or retake the next year.....im not sure how other schools work on this aspect......several of our drop-outs either recycle-or head off to the other side of the campus (dentistry)...i do think LLUs scores are progressing up as we go.....I think the stereotypes most hold about LLU scores are based on years gone by when they may have not been so hot...once again if anyone has any questions email me privately...i'll email you back while i eat my roast beef sandwich with mustard and pepper...along with my mountain dew (hahahahaha)

So, I have some news...

I was at work today and got THE call from Lenoa Edwards. Looks like I will be joining the rest of you lucky people at LLU this year!!!! What a GREAT feeling!!!!!!!! Falconer, I can wait to be your classmate this year. Do you think I can pm you with questions now?????? Woo whoooooooooo!!!!!!

Congratulations Spitting Camel! Looks like we're both staying in CA! :D

Didn't apply to LLU, but been there once on a field trip....they had this trippy room with preserved fetuses with all these kinds of birth defects.....gross yet interesting.....

r u still waiting to hear from uci?