Looking for jobs. What should my resume/CV look like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentDentistsRock

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Stressing over job hunting. Had a few questions if anyone is familiar:

1.) should I be using a one page resume? Or should I be using a multiple page CV that entails all the shadowing/volunteering/research I’ve done in undergrad and the such?

2.) what do I include on the resume? Currently, my resume is 3 pages long. First page states my undergrad and grad enducation schools and degrees, a few lines/bullets that I shadow at a dental office, volunteer experience at a hospital. Second page is all chem research I did in undergrad, talks/ presentations I gave, laboratory chem skills, and my one publication. Third page is just honors and rewards from undergrad and grad. I feel barely anything I dental related.

I’ve never been involved in any committee in dental school except for the fact that I’m part of my yearbook project. I’m not sure if my resume should only be one page long and if I should list things like how many endo and crown and bridge I did etc.

I’m lost :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don' think anyone cares about undergrad stuff. Maybe list your degrees and nothing else.

1 page, list how many restorations, endo, crown etc. If you did any externships or rotations in dental school.

Reactions: 1 user