LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Basically, I did research with an Orgo professor. However, I did NOT take him for Orgo II. I did an independent study/research credit with him; and received an S (for satisfactory completion). So, I did research w him for a bit, presented my research, and even got a thesis.

Is it worth it to still get a LOR from him? I will not be applying MD-PhD; but will be applying MD/DO.

Again, I did not take him for Orgo II so not sure if it would count as an LOR from a science professor

Members don't see this ad.

You want at least one (probably 2) letters from professors who actually saw you in the classroom setting, graded your tests, etc so they can speak to your academic ability. Beyond that, having a letter from someone you did research with would be really valuable as well. I wouldn't count it as one of your "science professor" letters though. I personally got a letter from 2 science profs, and 1 non-science prof who I took a course from and did research with.

Reactions: 1 user
You want at least one (probably 2) letters from professors who actually saw you in the classroom setting, graded your tests, etc so they can speak to your academic ability. Beyond that, having a letter from someone you did research with would be really valuable as well. I wouldn't count it as one of your "science professor" letters though. I personally got a letter from 2 science profs, and 1 non-science prof who I took a course from and did research with.

Yes. It's gonna be in addition to the science professors I have LORs from.

Reactions: 1 user