LOR Stress! Ahhhhh!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really stressed out right now. I just called Interfolio and found out that three of my letter writers either didn't write the letter on letterhead or didn't sign it. These letters are "extra letters" however. My main ones which are my science professors DID so I am happy about that.

My question is this:

Since I already sent the letters to schools, is there ANY way to update them? If I were to get the letters fixed and placed on letterhead, can I resubmit them or am I screwed? I know I should have checked this before but the letters are confidential and I figured, being a professor, you should know that this is the procedure. Guess I was very wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

There is no way to "update" them, but schools get the letters into their system (in my experience at one school) and can get rid of them at your behest. Then (I think) you can just send another through AMCAS. I don't recall if I did this for an MD or a DO school, so I could be wrong, but I did have someone write a new letter at some point and submit it while having the school discard the old one.