Louisville Postbacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMarkCraig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Anyone else waiting to hear back from Louisville for January? I got an e-mail about three weeks ago saying they had only made three offers so far, so there were about nine spots remaining. Have heard nothing since.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

i have a 3.6 undergrad gpa and was considering applying to a smp program like Cinicinati, Rosalin, Georgetown and Tufts and was wondering if say I did not get a 4.0 rather a 3.5-3.67 in the smp would this greatly negatively affect me. I know a 3.5 isnt too bad since its a little less than an A- and that many medical students just have to get above 65percent. I was wondering if anyone had any info regarding how a medical school admission committee might view a 3.5 from a smp along with a little above 3.6 from undergrad? thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

i have a 3.6 undergrad gpa and was considering applying to a smp program like Georgetown and Tufts and was wondering if say I did not get a 4.0 rather a 3.5-3.67 in the smp would this greatly negatively affect me. I know a 3.5 isnt too bad since its a little less than an A- and that many medical students just have to get above 65percent. I was wondering if anyone had any info regarding how a medical school admission committee might view a 3.5 from a smp along with a little above 3.6 from undergrad? thanks.

Any reason why you posted this in the Louisville Postbacc thread?

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked out L'ville's post bacc website. I was interested because I grew up in Louisville and my uncle actually did his MD there 25 years ago. I was really impressed! They seem like they give A LOT of support, and they have a linkage to their own medical school.

If I could do it over again I would have chosen a program like this or similar to this. They seem to be very organized.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in. I'm still a big Cards fan!

I checked out L'ville's post bacc website. I was interested because I grew up in Louisville and my uncle actually did his MD there 25 years ago. I was really impressed! They seem like they give A LOT of support, and they have a linkage to their own medical school.

If I could do it over again I would have chosen a program like this or similar to this. They seem to be very organized.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in. I'm still a big Cards fan!

Couldn't agree more with you. The guaranteed admission into Louisville SOM has some pretty generous requirements as well. I'm hoping for the best at this point - I'm OOS, but it seems like Kentucky is a pretty reasonable state to gain residency after a year. We'll see what happens.

Decided to bump this up. Anyone out there hear anything this week? January is coming quitee quickly.

Anyone have any more information on this? I know this is a old thread but:
@DrMarkCraig I could be wrong but from what I know, if you start the program as an OOS, you are required to continue paying OOS all the way through med school. I say that because on the application it states (for this past admission cycle) "Please note: If you apply to our program and are accepted as an out of state resident, your residency status will remain out of state for medical school."
I'd love to hear your experience with the program if you have any info.