Louisville VS. Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jwilliams183

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted into a couple of schools but I have narrowed my decision down to Louisville and Temple. I loved both schools and am have a really hard time deciding. I am originally from NY but now live in GA and I've been wanting to move back up North for a while so Temple would be Ideal but I still would like some input on which school has the better program. Some insight from current students would be great :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was wait listed at Louisville (withdrew my application after my acceptance to Temple) and am currently a D1 at Temple. I was highly impressed with Louisville during my interview but Temple was always my first choice before interviewing any where. I know I was impressed with Louisville's clean look and newly remodeled clinics but for your enrollment next fall, Temple will be all but finished with all of their renovations as well so don't let that influence your decision. The patient pool and clinical experience here is second to none and in my opinion, Philadelphia isn't as bad as some people make it sound. As with any school, there will be grips about professors and procedures(which we've had) but there are just as many positives(we've had those too) to go along with them. For me, in state tuition and being close to home was a deciding factor over attending other schools I was accepted to.

I'm not sure if this was helpful and I hope it gave you a few things to think about but I am happy with my decision to attend Temple!