low GPA allopathic success stories 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted466839

As I try to study hard and raise my GPA with a post-bacc program, I would like some motivation since I am losing faith whether I will really be able to make it. I went through threads with people who have gotten in with low GPAs, but they are mostly older threads. Anyone have any motivational/success stories? Thank you in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

And just too add to my previous post, is that I think my interviews went really well. I would advise you to make sure not to get too focused on just your GPA and make sure to get ample clinical experience as well

And just too add to my previous post, is that I think my interviews went really well. I would advise you to make sure not to get too focused on just your GPA and make sure to get ample clinical experience as well

Thank you for your response. Best of luck with your applications!! May I know which schools you applied to/wait-listed you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated undergrad with a 3.0, did well in my post bacc (4.0) while working FT, and applied with a ~3.3 and a 30 mcat.
I interviewed at 6 schools, accepted at 5, and waiting to hear from the last one (hopefully with good news)
I'm going to sound like some grizzled NBA veteran, but stay humble, keep your head down and work at it. Make sure you get a lot of clinical exposure, and do some research and volunteer work. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
I graduated undergrad with a 3.0, did well in my post bacc (4.0) while working FT, and applied with a ~3.3 and a 30 mcat.
I interviewed at 6 schools, accepted at 5, and waiting to hear from the last one (hopefully with good news)
I'm going to sound like some grizzled NBA veteran, but stay humble, keep your head down and work at it. Make sure you get a lot of clinical exposure, and do some research and volunteer work. Good luck!

That is amazing!! Thank you for posting your story! So inspiring!

Reactions: 1 user
That is amazing!! Thank you for posting your story! So inspiring!
Thanks, I appreciate it
I will have to disclaim that I have a job with heavy clinical work and some teaching experience in medicine, so ensure to work to strengthen your app outside of stats.

Reactions: 1 user