Low MCAT, high GPA chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippiespeak

Boricua nerd
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You definitely need to get that MCAT score into the high 20s to have any hope with MD programs. Even with being a URM, I'm kinda doubtful

For DO programs, you'd definitely get some invites. Still, I'd re-take.

I'm hispanic, with a 3.95 GPA, 3.89 sGPA, 24 MCAT (10VR, 6PS, 8BS) but retaking in August, good LORs, decent ECs..
part time job, tutoring, volunteering, soon to be shadowing.

I'm planning on applying to low-mid level MD schools, possibly some DO. What do you think? Thanks :)

I'm hispanic, with a 3.95 GPA, 3.89 sGPA, 24 MCAT (10VR, 6PS, 8BS) but retaking in August, good LORs, decent ECs..
part time job, tutoring, volunteering, soon to be shadowing.

I'm planning on applying to low-mid level MD schools, possibly some DO. What do you think? Thanks :)

your GPA is stellar, but that 24 MCAT will make MD acceptances very difficult. however, URM status should help in your favor, but is it enough to offset a 24 MCAT? i am not sure.

you have to realize that the gap between your GPA and MCAT will raise eyebrows. the opposite is also true - someone with a 40 MCAT but 2.9 GPA, for instance.

your MCAT verbal is set, but you need to raise those science scores. if you want a mid-level MD school, definitely consider retaking the MCAT and get a 27+.