Low PCAT/GPA Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umee1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I know this questions been asked but just wanted peoples take on my current situation.

GPA: 3.0
Preliminary PCAT:
BIO 85
CHEM 78
CR 16
QR 47
Composite: 58

I know my scores are fairly low. But I have about 4+ years pharmacy experience, great LORs from pharmacists and other professionals and 300+ hours of different charities and extracurricular activities I have taken a part in.

I currently have 7 interviews already scheduled. I was just wondering based on my scores and the fact I have some interviews already scheduled what are my chances? It seems like someone with my scores would have to retake PCAT or fix GPA but I'm happy I managed some interviews. Any opinions on me possibly getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting the interview is the hardest part as they go off your file alone. As long as you mail the interview & show them you really have a passion, you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
dang your pcat is quite low, I'm suprised at the amount of interviews offered o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I know this questions been asked but just wanted peoples take on my current situation.

GPA: 3.0
Preliminary PCAT:
BIO 85
CHEM 78
CR 16
QR 47
Composite: 58

I know my scores are fairly low. But I have about 4+ years pharmacy experience, great LORs from pharmacists and other professionals and 300+ hours of different charities and extracurricular activities I have taken a part in.

I currently have 7 interviews already scheduled. I was just wondering based on my scores and the fact I have some interviews already scheduled what are my chances? It seems like someone with my scores would have to retake PCAT or fix GPA but I'm happy I managed some interviews. Any opinions on me possibly getting accepted?
It all depends on the schools you apply to. Like people have said, getting an interview is the hardest part so they obviously like something about you! Make sure to use your interviews to address any sort of academic challenges you faced that may be the reason for such low scores/grades. As long as you can show that you know how to make changes to be successful in pharmacy school, I would say that between 7 schools you should get into at least one!

It all depends on the schools you apply to. Like people have said, getting an interview is the hardest part so they obviously like something about you! Make sure to use your interviews to address any sort of academic challenges you faced that may be the reason for such low scores/grades. As long as you can show that you know how to make changes to be successful in pharmacy school, I would say that between 7 schools you should get into at least one!

Thank you!

So far I'm 2/2 interviewed and accepted. already accepted to the school that was number one on my list being Thomas Jefferson!

thanks everyone for feedback!! good luck to anyone applying