Mad at myself...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Throughout my entire freshman year i have done very well, A's in both quarters of Gen Chem, A in first quarter biology and an A- in second quarter calculus. However, i did have some screw ups, a C in Calculus 009C which was my last quarter of calc and i just found out now, I bombed my biology 005B final and ended with a C+. I had one of the most difficult professors who claimed a 14/33 was a good average for his exams. I have not received my other grades which include third quarter Gen Chem I'm assuming should be around an A- or an A and then first quarter physics which should again be around an A- or an A.

I am incredibly frustrated because I know i can do so much better but it always seems like one class brings me down each quarter. I don't know what to do, next fall i will be taking first quarter O-Chem, 2nd quarter physics and third quarter Biology, i really need to focus up and get A's in all three of those. This summer i will be getting my EMT basic license as well as volunteering and possibly shadowing. This is my dream...

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately you can't go back in time; stop dreading the past and start planning on how you will tackle next term..

Idk exactly what your GPA is, as you have not listed GE's taken nor credit hours, but certainly do not get comfortable with a C every semester. Aim for all A's and B's. A first year with a couple of C's will not keep you out of any medical school. Keep going and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Op, are you from UCR? and did you have Dr. Chappell for biology 5b?

It is so disheartening, I killed Biology 5A with Martin's Green and then i get to his class, do above average on both midterms and somehow end up with a C+!! @Hongiddong care to DM me about stuff I'm just studying for Psych 002 final tomorrow

A point to keep in mind is med schools love to see upward trends in GPA and performance. Med schools understand it may be hard for some to transition to college quickly, and may forgive a slow start if you show from here on out you can perform at a higher level. Make sure to not make excuses for these past grades, rather view them and talk about them in a way that shows you learned from your mistakes and stepped up your game afterwards.

Reactions: 1 user