Made a mistake on my submitted application! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lostnconfused

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a really stupid mistake on my submitted AMCAS application and significantly miscalculated one of my activity's hours (it was suppose to be about 1000 but instead I put down 400). I called AAMC and they said there is nothing I could do.

What should I do going forward? Should I call the individual schools and see if they would be willing to update it? Should I ignore it and hope nobody brings it to my attention? Should I explain it in my secondaries? I had planned on using the "is there anything else you'd like to explain" for other stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't sweat it, no one will notice or care.

Reactions: 1 user
I made a really stupid mistake on my submitted AMCAS application and significantly miscalculated one of my activity's hours (it was suppose to be about 1000 but instead I put down 400). I called AAMC and they said there is nothing I could do.

What should I do going forward? Should I call the individual schools and see if they would be willing to update it? Should I ignore it and hope nobody brings it to my attention? Should I explain it in my secondaries? I had planned on using the "is there anything else you'd like to explain" for other stuff.
Underestimating hours is unlikely to be injurious when you still have a decent number of hours listed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I hear McDonald's is hiring.

(kidding)