Make fun of the new SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:biglove: yayyyyyyyy:banana:

Members don't see this ad.

As TT pointed out elsewhere.....there is no :smuggrin:

So this is all bittersweet. :lame:

I wonder if we should start a petition? hehe.

EDIT: Nooooo! They subbed that smiley in for *meanie*! It's just not the same....

I want the :cry: one back to express my feels on the subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
As TT pointed out elsewhere.....there is no :smuggrin:

So this is all bittersweet. :lame:

I wonder if we should start a petition? hehe.

EDIT: Nooooo! They subbed that smiley in for *meanie*! It's just not the same....

I want the :cry: one back to express my feels on the subject.
:cryi:

you mean this one?

its there (apparently it is : cryi : )

Personally I want the old eye roll smilie back. His look was perfect for expressing my irritation and sarcasm.

:rolleyes: This guy just looks like he's having some kind of eyeball protrusion issue.

Reactions: 1 user
When I try to post from my phone, it looks like it's not posting . . . then when I sign on with my computer, I discover I've posted multiple times.

Seriously SDN, it has been more than two weeks and the new system still crashes even MORE than the old one did. I understand that it takes a little time to work out the kinks, but these are the sorts of things you're supposed to test before moving things over to a new system. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
@Lee
Please bring back the features to see how many times someone posted on a thread. And to review those posts by clicking the number.
Appreciate you guys are trying to improve things.
Even if we complain we still love ya!

I may be dumb, but I can't figure out how to quote a post now. HELP!

Just hit "reply" at the bottom of the post you wish to quote... It will quote the post below in the response box.

Oooh thanks DVMD :)

I STILL can't send PMs and it is frustrating me to no end. Can't even PM @Lee to let him know of this problem.

When I try to post from my phone, it looks like it's not posting . . . then when I sign on with my computer, I discover I've posted multiple times.

I'm having this issue on my computer now too. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm having this issue on my computer now too. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, sometimes it posts right away and sometimes it won't show up that is posted, but if I refresh the page it's there. Really annoying. I've seen loads of double posts lately so I know it's not just us. I guess if in doubt, refresh your page after every time you hit "post reply". Normally it will save your last reply you typed, so at least if you have the refresh and it didn't post, you won't have to retype everything.

Not sure if anyone else is finding this....but my mobile notifications are seriously anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hrs behind the event. PM notifications are the worst it seems.

I always appreciate the few moments in a row that we get where PMs send smoothly. It's like a wave of relief every time. :p

I think they should go back to "PMs" instead of conversations, cause PMs actually worked.

They're great for modding....pain for group discussions....but I would trade back if that meant having something workable.

and I just got notification for a PM sent 2.5 hrs ago. Thanks phone?

I just realized I can't search from my phone anymore. :( Can someone bump that thread about SDN member get togethers or whatever it was? I would be very appreciative.

I just pulled up the app on my phone and got a pop up message that said the following: Feeding the hamsters...one second. And then an OK button.

Whaaa?

I just pulled up the app on my phone and got a pop up message that said the following: Feeding the hamsters...one second. And then an OK button.

Whaaa?

Haha yeah, those pop up whenever they are doing some really short update. "reticulating splines" "changing the hamster wheels" "feeding the hamsters" Been a couple others, too.

Maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured out the point of the little mini avatars next to every thread. I don't have every single user's avatar memorized, so there's really no point to putting the OP's avatar there, I'm not going to know who it belongs to. And I already know which threads I've posted in, so putting my avatar next to those threads is pointless too. It looks weird and I don't understand the purpose of it.

Maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured out the point of the little mini avatars next to every thread. I don't have every single user's avatar memorized, so there's really no point to putting the OP's avatar there, I'm not going to know who it belongs to. And I already know which threads I've posted in, so putting my avatar next to those threads is pointless too. It looks weird and I don't understand the purpose of it.
i like the couple of animated ones that are on there - that looks cool (and makes me think of harry potter)

See I know all the regulars' avatars pretty well....so it's handy for me as a quick reference. If it's a lesser known person, then I agree, sort of pointless.

WW is the reason though. I'm not a stalker, promise. :p

Yeah actually I can tell who people are by their avatar before I read their username in a thread so I actually like that feature. And f'd if I remember what threads I posted in. That one can stay.

Speaking of avatars, where are everyone's? We all have question marks or gender symbols instead? I got to know everyone by their avatars and now I'm all :confused:

New sdn can't keep up with my typing on my tablet. :( I hhhhhhhhave to type in sllow motion or I only get one word, or no spaces or something.

Speaking of avatars, where are everyone's? We all have question marks or gender symbols instead? I got to know everyone by their avatars and now I'm all :confused:
On the app, the avatars are temporarily not showing. If you're unable to see them on the regular site, let me know.

Windows Vista and Chrome. Never had this issue before the move.

It's got to be the text editor script. I haven't seen this issue with Chrome, but I haven't tried Chrome on Vista. Try clicking the wrench icon to the top right of the text entry box - that will disable the rich text editor. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Yup, that was it. Any easy way to fix that, or will I always have to disable/enable for every post? (I use emoticons and the formatting buttons a lot)