Market Desirability of Skills: Projections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Observational, but my comparison has been particulate transforaminal vs. interlaminar, for the above conditions. Less than a month or two of relief generally, with either.

On average, what proportion of patients referred to "pain clinics" have radicular pain due to spinal stenosis/chronic disc herniation vs. an acute disc herniation?

What I was getting at, in the context of the thread, and the prior posts, is that IPM helps some patients. But, looking at the big picture, chronic pain management for the US population, it doesn't seem to be where the goods are at.

The other suggestion I had is more controversial. The particulate medication doesn't always reach the target with ILESI approach unfortunately. For this reason, I still do S1 TFESI with depo for patient with stenosis and radicular pain. I often, (not always) see 4-6 months of relief afterward.

I agree with your main point though in that there is no good IPM technique for a large percentage of patients with chronic pain.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: