Masters medschool prep programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSox143

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I met someone over the weekend who talked about how she was not accepted last cycle so she did a masters in medical science program at Tufts and that they help you gain admission.

Who does these programs and are they beneficial ?

For me I have 3.8 s/cgpa but a 27 mcat (7,9,11) (retaking) tons of research shadowing volunteering bla bla are these programs helpful to people in my situation or are they mainly there to help people who had low gpas? What kind if advantage do they offer?

Members don't see this ad.

This type of program isn't going to help you because they're for grade repair. Your problem is a weak (but not lethal) MCAT. SMPs (Special MS Programs), are for showing Adcoms that people can indeed handle a medical school curriculum.

Are they beneficial? I believe so, and highly recommend the, to the right people.

You need to invest in MSAR Online and apply strategically; target schools whose median MCAT scores are closest to your own; do not pick any median scores are > 34.

I met someone over the weekend who talked about how she was not accepted last cycle so she did a masters in medical science program at Tufts and that they help you gain admission.

Who does these programs and are they beneficial ?

For me I have 3.8 s/cgpa but a 27 mcat (7,9,11) (retaking) tons of research shadowing volunteering bla bla are these programs helpful to people in my situation or are they mainly there to help people who had low gpas? What kind if advantage do they offer?

This type of program isn't going to help you because they're for grade repair. Your problem is a weak (but not lethal) MCAT. SMPs (Special MS Programs), are for showing Adcoms that people can indeed handle a medical school curriculum.

Are they beneficial? I believe so, and highly recommend the, to the right people.

You need to invest in MSAR Online and apply strategically; target schools whose median MCAT scores are closest to your own; do not pick any median scores are > 34.

Thanks so much Goro, that's really helpful ! Good to know!