Masters Program Help/Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saintsmen2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions in regards to applying to masters programs. I am going to be a senior this year and I obtained an 18 cumulative DAT score and applied to a total of 7 dental schools. Just in case I do not get in the first time I want to have a backup plan and that consist of obtaining a masters degree and raising my overall GPA so that I might gain acceptance into dental school. My questions are:

Do masters programs accept the DAT? (Getting mixed answers on this one)
Should I take the GRE?
When should I take the GRE?
What kind of masters program should I enter to get into dental school?
Best way to get a masters paid for?

Any advice would be great and helpful. I am just trying to stay ahead and get started on my plans after senior year.

Members don't see this ad.

What state are you from/ where do you want to go to school?

The Masters programs that actually help and advance your standing all accept either the MCAT or the DAT. Some only take the GRE, but those are probably not programs worth attending.

As for the program itself, they are usually called "biomedical sciences " so a MBS.

Give me some more information on where you want to attend Dental school, because where you get your masters can greatly affect your chances at particular schools.