Match systems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigdreamer#1

I'm ok, your ok!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, when it comes to the match for programs, do all of them co-operate in the NRMP match for neurology too? Then do some programs require you to also do the other match systems...San Fran and the like? I'm a bit confused. I also saw a chicago program (U. Ill in Chicago) that mentions another match system too? I guess I'm confussed as to if I need to additionally apply to these diff match services in addition to NRMP or if that alone with be sufficient? Anyone want to straighten me out?

Members don't see this ad.

nrmp is good enough for general neurology residency. SF is for peds neuro and a few other specialties and fellowships. Gen Neuro was in SF match until 2006, where they then switched to the nrmp system. This may be why you see SF match listed, they may have not updated certain facts on their website.

nrmp is good enough for general neurology residency. SF is for peds neuro and a few other specialties and fellowships. Gen Neuro was in SF match until 2006, where they then switched to the nrmp system. This may be why you see SF match listed, they may have not updated certain facts on their website.

Right on! Thanks. I suppose I'll also ask them directly too.