Matching at a former AOA program without rotating there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zobo135

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any DO students have ever heard of anyone matching at a former AOA program that they did not rotate at? I know the DO ortho world really values rotations at their programs. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if any DO students have ever heard of anyone matching at a former AOA program that they did not rotate at? I know the DO ortho world really values rotations at their programs. Thanks!
I haven’t meet anyone who didn’t do at least 2 weeks with the program before matching.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t meet anyone who didn’t do at least 2 weeks with the program before matching.
I am even surprised with someone matching at a place with a 2-week rotation but I am probably just naive about this

Members don't see this ad :)
I am even surprised with someone matching at a place with a 2-week rotation but I am probably just naive about this
Some programs only allow 2 week rotations, Farmington hills is an example. But I’ve only meet a couple people who matched after a 2 week rotation at other programs. Most people did 4 weeks.

Some programs only allow 2 week rotations, Farmington hills is an example. But I’ve only meet a couple people who matched after a 2 week rotation at other programs. Most people did 4 weeks.
Had no idea Farmington hills was 2 weeks only. Its one of the residencies I planned on rotating at for audition season. Did you know of any other ones that are only 2 weeks?

Had no idea Farmington hills was 2 weeks only. Its one of the residencies I planned on rotating at for audition season. Did you know of any other ones that are only 2 weeks?
Not aware of others that only allow 2 weeks. But having a 2 week rotation in the middle or towards the end of audition season is nice cause you can take a couple weeks off after it. Auditions are really exhausting so giving yourself 1 or 2 weeks off in the middle is really nice

Not aware of others that only allow 2 weeks. But having a 2 week rotation in the middle or towards the end of audition season is nice cause you can take a couple weeks off after it. Auditions are really exhausting so giving yourself 1 or 2 weeks off in the middle is really nice
Not a bad idea actually. Thank you for all the info!

I know a couple of people that did back in the day. They were invited back for a second look on a weekend to hangout and offered the spot after their initial interview. Both had 700 plus comlex scores at programs that cared greatly about board scores.

I know 1 person who did but that was due to the COVID-19 situation and not being allowed to go out of state for audition rotations. Not sure this would work in any other situations.