Matching possibility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1049832

I posted in another thread in the DO subforum, but I'm a struggling student. I'm questioning if it's realistically worth continuing for the next 2 years if I won't match by the end. I failed a class (and remediation exam) in M2, had to sit out a year, passed the class, but then failed Level 1. I have to retake Level 1, but if I fail it a second time, I get pulled out of rotations for another year. I don't want to think about the latter possibility, but assuming I can pass the test, what do I need to do to match in FM (I think all other specialties are out) with multiple red flags on my application? I didn't do any volunteering/community service my first two years, because I was just trying to get by classes.

Members don't see this ad.

I posted in another thread in the DO subforum, but I'm a struggling student. I'm questioning if it's realistically worth continuing for the next 2 years if I won't match by the end. I failed a class (and remediation exam) in M2, had to sit out a year, passed the class, but then failed Level 1. I have to retake Level 1, but if I fail it a second time, I get pulled out of rotations for another year. I don't want to think about the latter possibility, but assuming I can pass the test, what do I need to do to match in FM (I think all other specialties are out) with multiple red flags on my application? I didn't do any volunteering/community service my first two years, because I was just trying to get by classes.

Yikes.

I had classmates with failures match rural fm. The trick is to not fail again, have you solved whatever the problem was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I hope you are doing good. I am following your comments on different posts and want to thank you for your encouraging remarks.
I wanted to have an insight from you regarding my match prospective in to FM. I am a NON US IMG 2013 GRAD (223,227(2nd attempt, CS) applying for this year FM residency. I am about to take my Step 3 next month. I have done 6 months of rotations in FM the US (all in university hospitals) and currently volunteering for contract tracing for covid 19 at a local community hospital. During all these year I was working in my home country with on and off rotations in the US. Do you think I have a chance for upcoming match?? I shall appreciate your valuable response.
I honestly am ignorant of details here. Were you practicing medicine in your hone country? If not I would be worried about you as an intern just being too far behind. I also don’t know if there is an expiration date to step exams (i think there is) so you might be trouble from that time frame. There are a number of complications to your situation. Can you get a license at home? Do you need a visa sponsorship?