Matching West Coast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoot504

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just looking at your numbers and everything I'd say you have a good to very good chance of making it into a CA program as long as 5 things happen... 1. you don't sleep on the importance of a good Step 2 score, 2. you continue on your current path with your clinical grades (although adding a few more honors would really be helpful), 3. you make sure those "LORs" are actually SLOEs and reflect that you're an awesome candidate, 4. you do an away rotation at a good CA program and absolutely ROCK the rotation and get a great SLOE from it, and 5. make sure there are no red flags in your overall application. Based on what you've written so far I don't think any of these should be a real problem as 237 with some pubs behind you and top 1/3 should open you up to just about all the CA programs as well as most (if not all) of the West. I won't go so far as to say "you're a lock" because personality and the interview matter as well but numbers wise you are pretty safe and likely good to go. Good luck.