Maybe you can help????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwongdr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- I was accepted to St. George but wanted to know if I should go or wait around this application cycle to give it another shot this year.

Two YEARs AGO:
UC Berkeley Undergraduate 2.7 BCPM 2.6
UC Berkeley Graduate School. Microbiology MS 4.0
MCAT 33S (V: 11 B: 12 : P 10)
4 years of research: 2 publications
3 years of volunteer

I was rejected at all 20 schools I applied, only one interview.

THIS year application:

I took a year off and did 48 units of extension coursework (1 year) GPA=4.0 ------> raised undergrad overall to 3.14 and BCPM 3.12.

undergrad: 3.14 overall and BCPM 3.12
UC Berkeley Graduate School. Microbiology MS 4.0
MCAT 33S (V: 11 B: 12 : P 10)

As you can see, the undergrad GPA is what is different this time around. I worked to make the 3.0 cutoff.

My MCAT will expire after this year so this is my last shot before I have to retake it, if necessary.

Schools applied this year:
1. UCLA 2. UCSF 3. UC Davis 4. UCSD 5. Einstein 6. CHIcago Pritz 7. NYU
8. ALBANY 9. RUSH

Question: should i go to st. george or do you think i should stick and fight this out? i don't know what to do since i would have to take the mcat again if it doesn't work out. and i'm already 29 years old, i don't feel like waiting again.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The 9 schools you list are nearly all very to rather competitive, why don't you add more schools in other tiers? If you do that, I think you stand a good chance of getting into an US Allo school.

Pinkertinkle said:
The 9 schools you list are nearly all very to rather competitive, why don't you add more schools in other tiers? If you do that, I think you stand a good chance of getting into an US Allo school.

Yah, I would suggest more schools that are a bit less competitve but take out-of-state folks, like Jefferson, perhaps Tulane, MCW.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're from California...

You should be applying to 20-25 schools, minimum.

ditto, all those schools have much higher ave. gpas and the 33 is probably about average for most of the better ones.