Mayo have MSTP at each campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i_dont_understand

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm confused by the phrasing on their website...

"Mayo Clinic MSTP students are able to complete laboratory research rotations and Ph.D. research training at any of the three Mayo campuses — Rochester, Minnesota; Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona; and Jacksonville, Florida. Students are able to complete the final two years of medical school at the same campus where they completed the Ph.D. research training. Candidates have the opportunity to request the second look visit in Minnesota, Arizona or Florida."

Right now I only have MSTP application into Rochester. Can I also apply MSTP Arizona campus?

Also, for letters of recommendation, do they want the MSTP ratings sheet from all letters of recommendation writers or just PIs?

Members don't see this ad.

From my recollection interviewing there, there's one application/interview process as if there was only one campus--Rochester. If accepted you're not bound to any particular campus right away for your thesis work/clinical rotations, you pick the lab and go to wherever it may be.

The extra LOR form goes to all letter writers.

Reactions: 1 user