Mcat 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horsesense21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know the mcat changes is a common topic but as many of us know aamc plans on changing the mcat test for 2015 and will be removing the writing section in 2013. Currently i am studying for the mcat and although i plan on taking it in september, i am not sure if i will be at my desired score by that time and so i might have to postpone to Jan 2013. Are there any downsides to this? They say on the website the only change is the removal of the writing section but some people are saying they might be changing up the current science sections as well in 2013. Is this true? Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

i know the mcat changes is a common topic but as many of us know aamc plans on changing the mcat test for 2015 and will be removing the writing section in 2013. Currently i am studying for the mcat and although i plan on taking it in september, i am not sure if i will be at my desired score by that time and so i might have to postpone to Jan 2013. Are there any downsides to this? They say on the website the only change is the removal of the writing section but some people are saying they might be changing up the current science sections as well in 2013. Is this true? Does anyone know?
They're adding an optional section including social, psychological, and biochemical sciences.

oh okay. but no change to the current content sections?

The only change to the MCAT exam is that they are removing the writing section. In addition to that they are making an optional section for philosophy, ethics, and biochem which I believe you will receive some sort of compensation--- that is if i read the AAMC website correctly....

Hope this helps!

Best of luck to you bud!