MCAT dreams! :O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fashafosho

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha, the oldest thread on this is dating back to '05..thought I'd start a new one.

You know you've got MCATS on the brain when you start dreaming of them.
My score in my dream was 11BS, 9VR, 9PS. :laugh:

I have mixed feelings about it, don't know if I should be happy or sad.

Members don't see this ad.

You said MCATS... "flame on" :laugh:

But, I've never had an MCAT dream... I hope to keep it that way!

Members don't see this ad :)
I once had a dream that I was taking the real mcat at an AAMC center (i know this isnt where you take it) and when I got the test I found out that all these prep classes were teaching me something totally different than the test and in the end of all my intensive studies, I knew nothing at all.

I once had a dream that I was taking the real mcat at an AAMC center (i know this isnt where you take it) and when I got the test I found out that all these prep classes were teaching me something totally different than the test and in the end of all my intensive studies, I knew nothing at all.
Wow...you must have felt like crap when you woke up! :laugh:

hahah, my apologies.
I think I just pluralize things- I don't know how it started but I have noticed that I do this a lot nowadays. Might be my sub-conscious attempt to reveal my inner Gollum from LOTR....

Oh, but this isn't the fist MCAT dream I have had...I had one in December where I had made it to the test site..ONLY TO GET THERE THE DAY AFTER THE TEST....needless to say, the entire dream involved me freaking out/ crying and not just because I had missed the test but because it was the absolute last MCAT ever forever and ever and until the end of time.

You said MCATS... "flame on" :laugh:

But, I've never had an MCAT dream... I hope to keep it that way!

Dreams are dreams for a reason. Don't think too much on them. Trust me I can totally out do your worst dream with any of my dreams... mine are just plain WEIRD.
Whenever I have a crappy dream, it takes me like 10 mins to realize that it's only a dream. I always wake up freaked out...Like a week ago, I had a dream that I didn't get into any med schools. I woke up really scared at like 4 am and immediately picked up my MCAT book cuz I thought I was screwed. 20 mins later, I realized I was being an idiot and went back to sleep. :rolleyes:

Whenever I have a crappy dream, it takes me like 10 mins to realize that it's only a dream. I always wake up freaked out...Like a week ago, I had a dream that I didn't get into any med schools. I woke up really scared at like 4 am and immediately picked up my MCAT book cuz I thought I was screwed. 20 mins later, I realized I was being an idiot and went back to sleep. :rolleyes:

HAHHAHA... yea that happens to me too. I sometimes get those dreams that I done something bad to someone and when I wake up I yell "****" to myself and start taking out my cell phone to say I'm so sorry, but then I realize it was all a dream and im only delusional.

i hate it when you dream about something and when you wake up for a few seconds you actually think it happened.

a few weeks ago i had a dream that the mcat i took was an exact copy of one of the practice tests.....it sucked when i realized it was a dream :laugh:

well I havent started crazy studying for the mcat yet, but I have had orgo dreams this year...sighh

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHHAHA... yea that happens to me too. I sometimes get those dreams that I done something bad to someone and when I wake up I yell "****" to myself and start taking out my cell phone to say I'm so sorry, but then I realize it was all a dream and im only delusional.
:laugh: yeah!!! those are so weird...hahaha

i had a dream that i was taking the mcat but i was answering questions so slowly.....like I had only answered 5 questions and time was up. and during the writing sample I couldn't think of anything to write so i just left it blank.

The dream that I always get near finals time... is that I go to class thinking this is the day before the final and we will do reviewing... but little did I know that 'today' was our final. So the professor hands out the tests and instead of a 100 m/c question test, we get a mini scantron with 20 questions. But the test only has 10 questions and each question makes absolutely no sense. Like the superheating particle hits an apple and the apple has the nutrient contents of a fig newton. What is a quasar?

Yea, I can read in my dreams, weird huh? So I try filling out the test and I can't answer a single question and the time runs out.

I am sorry guys, I know I am pre-dental student but I am learning a lot from your studying style. I really enjoyed reading your posts. I hope when you become a Doctor still having your Sense of humor. In my job every week I meet lots of Medical Doctors coming and going. all of my coworkers always complain about them being cheap and no Sense of humor. another category that my coworkers have same opinion is "Lawyers". it is amazing isn't it? always they pull my leg and say" we hope when you become a Doctor you are not going to be like them". :laugh:

I hope we've all got that sense of humor, too! I've met some pretty stiff physicians, unfortunately. Hopefully SDN represents what is to come in the future for healthcare because I enjoy most peoples company around here as well.

I hope we've all got that sense of humor, too! I've met some pretty stiff physicians, unfortunately. Hopefully SDN represents what is to come in the future for healthcare because I enjoy most peoples company around here as well.
I am glad hearing that from you as a pre-med agreed 100% with you :thumbup:

whenever i pull an all nighter, i'll stay up all night and then go take the test in the morning, then go home and pass out all day. when i wake up from my nap after a couple of hours, i have no idea what time it is. i always think that it's the morning and that i've slept through the test, even though i've already taken it. it takes me a few minutes to figure out that i actually took it and to chill out :idea:

okay so i woke up in the middle of night and HAD to write this one down because it was so mind-boggling and so true that i almost cried.

i am at the testing ctr, the exam starts @ 9:10 with PS. I am done around 9:50, and then I spend the next 15 ish minute just looking around, trying to re-do some math problems.....and then while I was going through, I realize that it's a paper MCAT and I have put my answers on the questions (like circled the right one) and then I go to the very end and there's an ANSWER grid page where you have TO DRAW your grid first then enter your answers. SO I PANIC and realize I have only 5 minutes to enter all my answers (which btw had to be entered with a brief explanation of why it's the correct answer) and all i can think about is how stupid i was to think that my exam would be a CBT and that my answers would be "automatically" entered. So at the end i was only able to draw my grid and put in answers for HALF the exam before the took it from me and i ...couldn't...do anything besides think that i had wasted so much time preparing for a cbt when in actuality, we'd be given PAPER MCATS! :O :O oh the horror!