MCAT for Grad/SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andyroo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
New member here, sorry if this has already been posted/answered. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was a requirement for Graduate School/ SMPs that an applicant had to already complete the MCAT? I have been seeing a few schools that require a MCAT score, but I was under the impression that you could take the MCAT while in Grad School (didn't need for application)? My plan was to go to an SMP and take the MCAT while there and apply for MD/DO (hopefully) from then. Please correct me if I'm wrong and thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

New member here, sorry if this has already been posted/answered. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was a requirement for Graduate School/ SMPs that an applicant had to already complete the MCAT? I have been seeing a few schools that require a MCAT score, but I was under the impression that you could take the MCAT while in Grad School (didn't need for application)? My plan was to go to an SMP and take the MCAT while there and apply for MD/DO (hopefully) from then. Please correct me if I'm wrong and thanks in advance for any advice.

Every SMP/masters program is different in terms of admissions requirements. Some will require you to have taken an MCAT, some won't. Look up the programs you're interested in applying to and see what their requirements are, then decide from there. It's also a good idea to get in contact with ones who don't require the MCAT/browse the postbac forum for feedback regarding those programs to see how busy they are. I know there are a number of masters programs that people have said are very intensive and don't leave you much room to study for an MCAT. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users