MCAT OCHEM review class notes or just Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nomemal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished ochem last school year and I feel like it was just so much information that I’ve already forgot a lot. I did well in the classes but feel like it was just so much info that I’ve lost a lot of it probably. Should I review my class notes for each ochem class, or should I just read the Kaplan book for ochem? I know the mcat isn’t as deep as our courses, but still just wanted to know what people who feel similarly do.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan book. No need to go into anything close to the level of detail presented in undergrad.

Note: I was a 5 year gap nontrad, used TBR and got a 129 on C/P

Focus on the high yield stuff: Isomerism, functional groups, and experimental techniques (i.e. simple distillation, chromatography, etc). No need to delve into, say, a claisen condensation reaction.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with everything said so far. Know your basic reactions, stereo stuff, common functional groups, and the common lab techniques. Like Zenabi, I used TBR for o chem and it was excellent. I haven't take the actual MCAT yet but I'm averaging over 130 on the C/P sections of every practice FL I've tried.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with everything said so far. Know your basic reactions, stereo stuff, common functional groups, and the common lab techniques. Like Zenabi, I used TBR for o chem and it was excellent. I haven't take the actual MCAT yet but I'm averaging over 130 on the C/P sections of every practice FL I've tried.
What’s TBR