Mcat podcasts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatoneguy3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any good suggestions for either podcasts or ebooks I could use to help study for the mcat while I commute to work? It takes me about 40 min so I think it could help be a good use of my time. I've seen reviews that ek osmosis is helpful for physics, Chem, and bio; but is there anything else out there?

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT podcast by Dr Ryan Gray. Collaborates with head content director of Next Step to talk about different strategies and such.

The Hidden Brain podcast by NPR is great if you have the time. Focuses on P/S and it focuses on a story-based discussion of concepts.

For example, they brought on Annie Duke, former leading money winner among women in the World Series of Poker, and her experience at the Tournament of Champions to illustrate stereotype threat. They also have a quickfire segment on new Psych/Soc research that's brilliant.

While not exactly efficient for MCAT study, the stories really made the concepts stick in my brain beyond the cookie cutter definitions, by using real-world examples.