MCAT prep on Wikipedia..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gavanshir

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Test_Prep_for_USMLE_Step_1

That's a link to a "wikibook" for the USMLE Step 1. I thought it would be great if there was one for the MCAT. There are quite a few on here who have already contributed a good amount of resources for the exam so it wouldn't be a bad idea to package everything together into a book on there. It'll be a collaborative effort. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
MCAT pearls has sort of done this already for content.

Well only "sort of". There wouldn't be any need for monetary donations if hosted on wikipedia and also, wikipedia allows for anyone to contribute so the page will grow at a much faster rate. I'd also like to see sections such as "mnemonics" and strategies along side all the other textbook content.

It's sort of like giving a great organization to all these valuable forum posts, specially since there is no search function on here.

I honestly don't have the time although I don't think it would take much just to start it. I just thought it was a good idea as a fun project to take up for someone else like the higher ups who've put much effort into creating the MCAT help threads.